E-11 model "x"

erv

Erv thats awesome!!!! I absolutely love the screen and the predator laser is the cherrie on the cake!

You know I had to edit and fawn over this thing some more. Dude its like you thought of everything! I mean really what more could an E-11 possibly do? It displays beautifully and gets my vote for coolest toy on the planet.

Edited by Smitty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

thanks for the kudos folks ! The last thing that doesn't work (yet ?) is a real stun mode for when my little one is ruining our energy (the force is strong with this one).

On a side note, not sure when I'll be able to schedule this (time wise and financially speaking) but an armor is planned. I already have the bucket and the voice amp with the static burst. Still, I have many props replica I'd like to build first !

Holy balls that's cool!!!

I'd end the mesh on the cocking slot a little different. Not sure how to end it but just feel it's 99% awesome left like that. Would love it to be 100% :)

As for the scope ring, some TKs had it still on. One behind Leia when she's captured at the start has it on

e4_PrincessLeiaPOTF2LeiaCollection_Big_6.jpg

Edited by john danter

On 1/25/2011 at 12:48 PM, erv said:

Not sure I understood that properly. My scope is mounted "normally" from under, with screws, on a scope rail. The original attachment with hinges and springs was removed. The ring area in the middle just holds the top light that illuminate the scale inside the scope. That ring isn't part of attaching the scope to the blaster or to the rail.

What I was having reference to is the scope that you are using is not canon with the ring bracket, why not remove that, fill the area of the socpe and make it more canon.

Other than that, you have done an excellent job and I love what you do with your electronic modules.

On 1/25/2011 at 4:27 PM, john danter said:

As for the scope ring, some TKs had it still on. One behind Leia when she's captured at the start has it on

To John Danter: The scene where the captured Princess is brought forth to Darth Vader in ANH, the scope that you said had the ring bracket was either an M19 or an M32 and neither one of those ever had a ring bracket. But, what you thought was the ring bracket, looks to me to be some foreign greeblie stuck on top of it.

Please look at the diagram that I made below:

SCOPEDIAGRAM.thumb.jpg.304383c36c903e8ae7fc3f20ae0352e0.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Quite right Tom. Never zoomed in before. Ta

What's that then :)

I'm sure I've seen a scope in a surplus shop with a bracket around that part which is what I thought it was, but yeah you're right, that's something different.

Hmm?

Every time I have seen one of the M19's or M32's, I have never seen any foreign object on them or on other of those style vintage scopes. I am taking a stab at it and saying it is probably some little found greeblie that someone in the prop department thought it would be cool to glue on there.

But you know as well as I do, it will drive us all nuts and we will spend hours and hours searching for it. Hopefully with the Blu-rays coming out we will be able to spot more little things, but I guess we will all have to wait until then with anticipation like children on Christmas Eve.

What I was having reference to is the scope that you are using is not canon with the ring bracket, why not remove that, fill the area of the socpe and make it more canon.

aside of my explanation below, the whole blaster isn't really "canon" per say so I didn't really cared about it. My concern was more about having fun adding Blastech R&D back story to the blaster.

Please look at the diagram that I made below:

The text in your diagram is incorrect. The ring mount bracket isn't part of the mounting of the scope itself. No at *all*. The scope is attached on lower mount (crossed hinges, springs etc) with the 2 hex bolts and nothing else just like the other scopes.

The ring only clamps the small device on the top of the scope that houses a small mazda light bulb with a red filter as explained in my build log. I didn't want to discard a cool light up feature in the scope on a blaster that was already non canon.

• 2 weeks later...

So at the beginning of this I was thinking, yeah I might be able to do that with some help. Then it progressed further, and further, until my jaw was on the floor as I had some serious blaster envy. My hat, helmet, and whatever head wear I have is off to you good sir. This is my favorite E-11 I have ever seen. Superb work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

So the 10 minutes it took for the first page of the thread to load was well worth it... Excellent work. I will definitely be using this thread for motivation if and when I decide to build my Sterling/E-11.

ok well then.

Sterling.. check

scope m38 check

metal socket hengstler check

blastercore check

needed switches leds and wires and charge port and batterys.

• 2 weeks later...