dlt19 from demiled mg34

Another blaster from real demiled parts. Didn't take pictures during the welding and grinding but here is how it turned out.

What I started with.

mg34068.jpg

after welding, grinding and rebluing

wholereceiver.jpg

front weld, you can see the torch cut inside

receiverweldfront.jpg

center weld, with mandatory piece of steel to keep a real bolt from being installed

receiverweld.jpg

rear weld

receiverweldrear.jpg

closeup of the interrupted threads in the rear of the receiver. these were torch cut through, had to weld it together then grind some of the threads so the buffer would attach.

rearthreads.jpg

barrel - not going to be used, probably put it on gunbroker.com

mg34barrel.jpg

strips and disc, still to be attached, also still have to make the battery box.

dlt19parts.jpg

Looks great! :duim:

So, how much does it weigh?

15 lbs, knew it was going to be heavy. Most of the parts on a MG34 are machined. I could probably shave about 2 - 3 lbs by getting rid of some of the feed tray mechanism.

I have a hyperfirm also, when I get this one finished I'll take a side by side picture.

Awesome!! Very cool David. :) Are you going to run an electronic module (sound/lights)in it?

Aren't these kits really hard to get now?

They were pretty cheap about 8 years ago.

you can still find some complete parts kits, they are really expensive now. I bought this one in pieces, receiver and some other parts came from Sarco, some came from brpguns and some from gunbroker.com Hardest part to find was the barrel shroud.

• 1 month later...

I have finished the dlt-19

side view

dlt19side.jpg

on the bi-pod

dlt19onbipod.jpg

close up of the battery box and disc

batteryboxdisc.jpg

and side by side with a hyperfirm

mgandhyperfirm.jpg

now that it is done I am thinking about adding a blaster core

Edited by Dave in MD

I'd love to see this up close sometime - I'm in northern VA but I try to get up to MD to troop with OLG at least once a year. Do you plan on trooping with this, or will it be a display-only model?

• 1 month later...

I'd love to see this up close sometime - I'm in northern VA but I try to get up to MD to troop with OLG at least once a year. Do you plan on trooping with this, or will it be a display-only model?

Yes I plan on trooping with it if I ever get my armor done. It is glued together, now I have to strap it and get approved.

I would love to add electronics to it, but I need some help with that. All of the led and sound kits for blasters are out of stock.