Which armor should I buy?

Hi guys, figured its time to start asking questions now that Vader is done! I am 6' tall and weigh 230 lbs, which armor would be better for me to get? I have seen various sizes, I don't want anything too big or too small.

I am looking at an FX kit with an ata helmet, is this a good start for someone of my natural sexiness, or should I get something larger? One of the guys in my garrison just got some "tupperware" armor, he is a little bigger than I am though.

discuss :)

Hi guys, figured its time to start asking questions now that Vader is done! I am 6' tall and weigh 230 lbs, which armor would be better for me to get? I have seen various sizes, I don't want anything too big or too small.

I am looking at an FX kit with an ata helmet, is this a good start for someone of my natural sexiness, or should I get something larger? One of the guys in my garrison just got some "tupperware" armor, he is a little bigger than I am though.

discuss :)

I am 5-10, 165lbs and the FX armor fits me with pretty much no size modifications, at your size I think it would be too small. Besides, you'll want something more accurate than FX (which they don't make anymore anyway). The ATA helmets are nice though. I think I have heard a lot of people say RT-mod armor fits larger troopers.

Don't worry, the experts on here will chime in and help you out in no time.

Im about 6'2" and 200 lbs. I have two AM suits & RT-mod helmet/eFX lid for each build. I can say from experience, you should have room to trim away excess abs and not have need to use shims. It wont looks as movie accurate as some other suits out there, but that just one of the trade offs, and that's not saying you can't take the extra effort and make it look closer too what was scene on the screen if you so desire. The RT-mod is not 100% accurate either, but it not too far off, and looks good on larger troopers. You can also check out the reviews of the eFX(MRCE) helmets, but they do require a fair amount of work for 501st clearance, but it has a larger opening in the bottom than my RT-mod does.

If you were order a "lite" AM kit and a RT-Mod helmet kit to assemble that should keep within your budget. Both parties are great to deal with and offer top notch customer service. ;)

Just remember to take your time and research until you are happy with your decision. This is just one avenue. In the end its your suit, and a can turn into sizable investment in the long run. :D

Edited by Defiance7x13

Well, I am buying that sandtrooper set that was in the marketplace for a few days for 525. I have an eFx helmet and its BIG on my head (its in my avatar). I am missing more parts for it than its worth to hunt them down, so thats just going to be one to goof off with the kids in.

I bought an under armor suit, so other than gloves, boots that are going to fit, and a new helmet, I should be just about ready to go. I wanted to do some checking on the armor before I paid for it just to save any potential headaches in the future with it not fitting. I plan on dropping about 20 lbs (dont we all) so I think it will be a good fit then. It wont be the most accurate out there, the armor is a little older than som eothers, but I am sure it will make a nice set up as a secondary costume to my Vader. I love the look of the suit all dirty and grimy, so the small details are going to be missed by the majority of people who see it anyway. I think if this one goes well, I may opt to do a shiny white TK as well and spend a few more bucks to get it as screen accurate as it can be. This set seemed like a great deal, so why not jump on it and get a big leg up on my next suit!