X-WING & TIE PILOT HELMET progress pics

There is a detail on the right hand side of the mowhawk - on the top edge just above the ram's horn - it is a notch. The notch can be seen on Gino's, the original AT-AT helmet, and my SDS TIE. I've also seen it in a picture of Luke's X-wing helmet... Easy enough to replicate - but a consistent detail, nonetheless. Just my 2 cents - no opinion on the provenance...

Edited by trooper18938

Yep - its on every half decent replica and like you said, very easy to duplicate. It'd take about 5 mins to do.

The only issue here is Gino tried (unsucessfully) to con everyone that his new venture was cast off an original TIE by using some mealy-mouthed marketing speak.

So he was asked, very plainly and simply by me and several others "is your helmet cast off an original TIE"

..but instead of answering he scuttles away since he knows full well it's NOT cast from an original TIE. But rather than man-up and say "I'm sorry, I didnt intend to dupe anyone" he'd rather play games and continue to treat this hobby and the people within it with nothing but contempt.

Cheers

Jez

OK so its not cast from a screen used Tie helmet... Gino's work is still awesome. I aint defending the guy, I am just saying that it looks great.

What if the helmet is cast from a real air force helmet and the faceplate comes from a recast of the brian r helmet. Thats cast from an original right? Its a play on words to be sure, but still true.

I have said it before and I will say it again. There is no such thing as an untouched casting of the original. Thats a myth. The vacuum forming results would be terrible. All the armor, helmets etc.. have been reworked. Even the "set for stun" scan was reworked and sharpened by Laws. Theres a pic on his site of him with a sculpting tool in his hand. lol...

What I am saying is that all the hoopla over details is not needed. You cant make an exact copy of an original anyway...No matter who you are. So if it touched the inside of a screen used helmet or is a first generation whatever...its still been F'd with. If anyone denies THAT, then they are misleading you for sure.

I like your work Gino.

Edited by TK-4510

I asked Gino exactly that. Was it cast from an original APH-6, your faceplate and the rest sculpted. He responded NO, all cast from Original! Make of that what you will.

So why should we let it lie?

He is the first to come into my threads spouting of that we should prove this and that, your moulds are no good mine are better etc, etc.Then expect an answer for the good of the hobby. So when people do it to him we expect the same in return"for the good of the Hobby"

It's no different.

I asked Gino exactly that. Was it cast from an original APH-6, your faceplate and the rest sculpted. He responded NO, all cast from Original! Make of that what you will.

So why should we let it lie?

He is the first to come into my threads spouting of that we should prove this and that, your moulds are no good mine are better etc, etc.Then expect an answer for the good of the hobby. So when people do it to him we expect the same in return"for the good of the Hobby"

It's no different.

QFT

Well he needs to come down from his mountain I guess. If you are slinging it you should be able to catch it. I wasnt aware that he has been slamming your stuff. Everytime I see a thread going bad anymore I unsubscribe so I guess I dont get the details that transpire later....Which is what I should have done here :)

I was interested in Ginos project just like I am everyones. I love to see the art of it all.

My bad. I will find the door now :)You guys go about your business :)

There is no slinging match. I actually think it's a nice attempt at a TIE helmet. That's not what I am disputing.

It's not hard. we are not asking him to disclose his source just whether or not it is cast from an original Tie? I don't think it is an unreasonable question? At the beginning of this thread I was genuinely interested. But as usual Gino has this air of arrogance and assumes that we are just baiting. That's not the case, I am genuinely interested to hear how this project got off the ground. I asked Gino if this was cast from various original items and self sculpted parts and was blankly told NO, "cast from original". Which suggests to me that this was cast from an original Tie helmet. It is clearly not and Gino has avoided the issue ever since. Simply saying that he doesn't have to say anything is a little rich as he expects everyone else to. You cannot have one rule for him and another for everyone else.

I personally love the Tie helmet and the AT AT helmet and one day would love to do my own. I just don't get all this secrecy and arrogance? Just because I make my own armour and lids doesn't mean that I shouldn't be interested in his projects. It also doesn't mean everytime I ask a question I am baiting or trolling.