FX armor and AP helmet color differences

I bought myself an AP helmet some while ago, and I'm going to buy an FX armor kit soon aswell, but in another forum, this other guy showed photos of his AP helmet and said that it had a more blueish color to it than the FX armor.

Does anyone else have the AP helmet on an FX armor? Does the colors match ok, or do I have to paint the helmet?

Thanks.

There was certainly a run of AP that had a bluish tint, but IIRC that's been resolved. I have an older AP bucket and it's a perfect match for my FX.

Alas mixing and matching armor is not always guaranteed, esp. if your armor has discolored a bit over time.

Yeah, it depends on the run of plastic used during the actual pulling...I unfortunately acquired one of the Blue AP lids :lol: and plus the oxidization of my existing armor didn't make for the greatest combo, but it worked... :)

I have an AP bucket on FX armor and mine matches perfectly. Although I have had mine for quite a while now, so I'm sure yours was pulled at a different time.

I'm the TK on the left.

-------------

I hope yours matches too! Good luck and let us know when you get it.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

There is a trooper in my garrison that has multicolored armor parts. It bugs the hell out of him, but his looks best on film and in pictures. We've got a local guy doing a fan film who tells me that all the others look like a white glare on film. Apperently that's why Vaders helmet was painted checkerboard black and silver grey.

If you do decide to paint, I recomend Krylon Fusion. They offer a few different shades of white. But I caution spraying over old paint because you never know what sort of efect you'll get ie: orange peel and crackle.

Thats pretty good looking. I'm not sure when mine was pulled, I bought it perhaps a week ago, but he might have sent me a kit that was cast months or even years ago for all that I know.

Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get, and I'll let you know how things turn out when I get it.

As my Paypal address didnt work that well, I emailed the AP guy with a new shipping address, anyway he said that he used the right address to send it to me, and I also asked him another thing in the email if he knew if my helmet was blue tinted or pure white, and he said that mine was the pure white one and didnt have a blue tint to it, so now I really hope that info is right.

I just dont want to get my hopes up way too high just incase it is bluish, but since he said that I got the pure white one, atleast now I've got some hope for it working out.

Thats pretty good looking. I'm not sure when mine was pulled, I bought it perhaps a week ago, but he might have sent me a kit that was cast months or even years ago for all that I know.

Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get, and I'll let you know how things turn out when I get it.

Na, I don't think it was pulled that long ago...He told me he finished pulling his recent kits about 3-4 months ago, and I believe the new plastic does not have the blue hue anymore :)

As my Paypal address didnt work that well, I emailed the AP guy with a new shipping address, anyway he said that he used the right address to send it to me, and I also asked him another thing in the email if he knew if my helmet was blue tinted or pure white, and he said that mine was the pure white one and didnt have a blue tint to it, so now I really hope that info is right.

I just dont want to get my hopes up way too high just incase it is bluish, but since he said that I got the pure white one, atleast now I've got some hope for it working out.

Yeah, I think the blue kits were sold off long ago, and the new AP stuff has been pulled off of whiter & better plastic :unsure:

Ohh, thats good for me then, but not so good to hear for another guy I know of - He recently bought two AP helmets at full prize, and what he got was two bluish helmets with ALOT of flaws on them. I bought the flawed helmet kit for half the prize, and I dont think that kit is even as bad as the ones he got for full prize.

Strange that he got older flawed bluish helmets then, makes me really wonder if I'm really going to get a pure white helmet thats any good. I did ask for thin spots only and no surface errors, so I might get something good.

• 2 weeks later...