Warning to all FISD detachment members re: Jedislayer5000 / Brandon from Victoria BC Canada

SuperTrooper

Hello FISD!

I just wanted to stop by and commend the Staff for taking care of this so quickly. As you know, this was not a 501st member and therefore he did not belong to the Badlands Garrison. He merely had a public account as he did here. But the fact that the Staff altered Badlands to the situation is much appreciated.

I'd like to remind everyone that private sales are always buyer beware. The FISD and the Legion as a whole do not have the ability to verify any sellers. Even the most trusted seller has the potential to run in to issues. The best we can do is to continue to communicate with one another and talk to people before you purchase an item. Nothing we do is going to prevent everyone from unfortunately losing money, however, by communicating before you purchase you can reduce your chances. I, like probably everyone else in this hobby for any length of time, have been ripped off, so I know how mad it makes you. The Staff here have done an amazing job of stopping this before it got completely out of hand.

If anyone has questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Great idea, I would also be happy to lodge a 'deposit' if it was considered neccessary with the forum as a sign of good faith.

Transparency must be on the top of every sellers list for 2011.

Joe

I think there are all some unscrupulous buyers aswell as sellers out there, could that offer even remotly be taken advantage of?

I know guy's I would'nt sell to again & others I would'nt send $$ to buy from.

Thats one of the darksides to this hobby <_< ,

Hope the future reforms work out :)

Edited by riveting

Warning to all FISD detachment members re: Jedislayer5000 / Brandon from Victoria BC Canada

A few weeks ago, a serious offense took place on FISD. A "new" member named "Charles1978" had posted an AP armor set for sale on Dec. 31st 2010. Several FISD members had "purchased" this armor, when in fact the armor DID NOT exist.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=13880

The thread was locked on January 1st, 2011 when it was confirmed that several people had paid for the same armor, and multiple payments were accepted by the seller even though it was only advertised that 1 set of armor was available (when really nothing was for sale).

FISD staff has uncovered evidence that user Charles1978 is the same person or is affiliated with Jedislayer5000 / Brandon. Other sock puppet accounts that have been created and may be affiliated with Jedislayer5000 / Brandon are: Charles1978, Stunt_Gungan, Skywalker555, and possibly others.

FISD staff have spent many hours over the past 2 weeks doing a comprehensive investigation to uncover solid evidence in this transgression. Only after this investigation and deliberation was completed have we decided that these user accounts / members should be permanently BANNED.

Jedislayer5000 / Brandon has also been banned on MEPD, as well as his home garrison in western Canada - Badlands Garrison. As well, 501st Legion Command has been informed of this incident. FISD staff have waited until the disputes were settled on Paypal and the buyers who paid for the scam were refunded their payments, before communicating the conclusion to Jedislayer5000 / Brandon as well as communicating the resolution here.

There was also overwhelming evidence that the scam did take place, including messages to and from the seller to buyers, payment statements, filed Paypal disputes, etc. FISD staff have also been openly communicating with Jedislayer5000 / Brandon to help try and resolve this matter, but far too much damage has been done to the community. We firmly believe that it is our duty to protect detachment members and that such scams, acts of fraud and dishonesty will not be tolerated on FISD.

As stated in the buy and sell forums: The admin staff are NOT responsible for any transaction on this forum. We ARE here to mediate if there is a problem.

FISD rules and guidelines also state that sock puppet accounts are not allowed. We encourage users old and new to review the FISD rules and guidelines.

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3055

In short: your FISD account is YOUR responsibility. Whether you or someone in your household uses your computer in the act of exploiting other detachment members, the responsibility still lies on YOU as an FISD member to rectify the situation IMMEDIATELY.

Going forward, we will also make some revisions and changes to the forum to better protect our members. While we try to do our best, please be aware of who you are purchasing from, what you are purchasing, etc. As the old saying goes - If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If you have any questions, please ask - but keep in mind that personal information will be confidential.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. FISD staff.

i've also seen that name on theforcepike.net. just a heads up

i alerted them to this

Edited by cameron