Is my TK Commander up to EIB standard?

seantrooper

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if my TKC is up to EIB standard. Going for the ANH styled variation (action figure I think)

Armour - FX with shoulder bell, chest plate and hand guard mods

Helmet - MM (garrison member)

Belt - Self Made

Here are my reference pics

GetAttachmentaspx.jpgGetAttachmentaspx1.jpg

_MG_8056-16.jpg

A bit of editing

_MG_8057-1a.jpg_MG_8057-17.jpg

_MG_8059-19.jpg_MG_8060-20.jpg_MG_8061-21.jpg_MG_8064-24.jpg_MG_8065-25.jpg_MG_8067-27.jpg_MG_8068-28.jpg

Green lenses

1301110009.jpg

Accurate Hovis

1301110011.jpg

Blaster

0112100006.jpg0112100004.jpg

0112100003.jpg0112100005.jpg

0112100002.jpg0112100001.jpg

Let me know what you think

Sean

Edited by seantrooper

Looks really good, and definitely EIB-worthy as far as I can tell. Too bad you're not yet old enough to be an official member - I'd think you'd be a shoo-in.

It's 501st acceptable for sure. It's EI only under the Action Figure reference, which the LMO really doesn't like, and may not be EI by the time you hit 501st in lieu of the game reference.

the color looks almost spot on. the in-game screenshots are deceiving due to lighting effects and shadows. i would paint the drop boxes gray, just on the front side though ;)

the unmapped textures show a better representation of the actual colors (also shows the gray drop boxes)

commander_diff.jpg

wow :) thanks for all the great comments guys!

So, to make game reference, what would need to be done. What I can see is I'll have to put the rubber edging on armour parts, turn the ab plate upside-down (have to hack at the armour again lol) and paint the front of the drop boxes grey. What color grey should I use...same as the frown or one slightly darker seen here

GetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg

Sean

Edited by seantrooper

i used the same as on the frown ( just because it is what i had on hand) if you flip the ab plate and trim it up.. it will look smashing. just follow the ROTJ crl for the armor ;) you have the time... and a E11 with extended stock would be a good final touch as well...

* Back plate should be separate pieces as in ANH/ESB requirements

Deos this mean the kidney/butt plate has to be split? with the door trim on it?

also what do you mean my an E-11 with an extended stock, could you give me further explanation, a couple of photos would be nice too :)

another question is for the shoulder straps, can they be as per ANH/ESB or do they have to be ROTJ too. The reason is that in the crl for INC it says that it can be ANH/ESB, so I thought it might be the same.

Sean

Edited by seantrooper

"* Back plate should be separate pieces as in ANH/ESB requirements " that's odd :blink: the TKC and ICN are based off the exact same computer model so i am not sure why they differ in that part of the CRL?? misprint perhaps?

i would say follow the eib ROTJ guidelines for the armor as it says, splitting them would contradict the ROTJ/ICN CRL's.

* Ab plate is inverted compared to ANH/EIB

* Ab plate will be be 3 dark blue and the rest black, unlike the ANH/ESB coloration. The three dark blue will be the three buttons closest to the belt.

* Molded lip around the cod, chest, kidney, and butt plate (similar to car door trim)

* Single back/butt piece, not split like ANH/ESB

* Belt must be 2.5" wide, not 3" as on ANH/ESB

* Shoulder straps should not have a flat end at the ends of them, they should be ribbed 100%

* A gap between the ab plate and kidney plate is allowed as seen on screen

* No shoulder bell straps across the biceps

* Shoulder bells are rounded at the corners

as for the blaster it is not necessary by any means, but just have a unfolded stock matches the game references ;)

506px-E-11_NEGWT.jpgGetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg

As for the back, while the EIB says it should be one piece, I'm wondering how fast we should make it in that in some screen graps it seems the kidney rotates separately from the butt piece. Not sure if it's angle, or what.

As for the back, while the EIB says it should be one piece, I'm wondering how fast we should make it in that in some screen graps it seems the kidney rotates separately from the butt piece. Not sure if it's angle, or what.

the cod/ ab plates also appear to be separate ;) i remember this discussion LINK

and yes that is a ROTJ style E-11... it was the best extended stock photo i had at the time

What do you think then Mason? Should we allow both for EI? I think it's pretty reasonable, but would like to hear what you think.

What do you think then Mason? Should we allow both for EI? I think it's pretty reasonable, but would like to hear what you think.

well i have been torn on this since i started my build... :blink: even though the screens show a definite split i believe still that it is a skinning limitation and it "should" be joined for EI as per the ROTJ requirements. but anyone taking the screens at face value could argue that reasoning... so i think making it a should have would be better ;)

but on another note..i feel the action figure version should not be acceptable unless other action figure EU variants are allowed as well :P JK

such as

Crowd Control Stormtrooper's

2504111839_8b4025f150.jpg

old marvel comic stormtrooper variant

207_stormtrooper.jpg

concept trooper

concepttrooper.jpg

Stormtrooper Disguise and Basso

30th_EU_disguise&basso.jpg

death trooper (not an action figure but close enough)

51nIhJYcyQL.jpg

it would be cool to have more variants ;) especially the crowd control trooper!!!

OK then, so how's this:

1) Grandfather William (Wildabeast) on his TKC EI, as he did the action figure reference

2) Update the TKC EI to remove the Action Figure option

3) Update the TKC EI to state a single back piece is required, as helmet/hand plates aside they are really using an ROTJ trooper model

4) Update the ICN EI to state a single back piece is required, as helmet/hand plates aside they are really using an ROTJ trooper model

Sound correct?

OK then, so how's this:

1) Grandfather William (Wildabeast) on his TKC EI, as he did the action figure reference

2) Update the TKC EI to remove the Action Figure option

3) Update the TKC EI to state a single back piece is required, as helmet/hand plates aside they are really using an ROTJ trooper model

4) Update the ICN EI to state a single back piece is required, as helmet/hand plates aside they are really using an ROTJ trooper model

Sound correct?

sounds fair :duim: also gray drop boxes added to the TKC EI as well

but i did really want to build this rig :lol:

2504111839_8b4025f150.jpg

• 4 weeks later...