How tall were the 1977 TK’s from ANH.

Another trooper with the handguards on the "wrong" way. I should have left mine. :D

That happen few more times through out ANH...plus in the publicity photos, and Topps Cards as well.

You are totally CORRECTO Tom; excellent reference pictures, sure clarifies y the ST height. :D

Mark, Paul, Robert, Terry, Steve, James, John, to all thanks for the great info. :salute:

If anybody has more reference pictures please… they are more then welcome. :peace:

Happy to help Dan, and when I get more time, I will post more pix. :)

BTW, have you looked at this link for some TK pix: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10786

Edited by RogueTrooper

Another trooper with the handguards on the "wrong" way. I should have left mine. :D

I’ve never realize that Richard… :o:o I’ll definitely pay more attention on those details from now on. Gracias ;)

I read where Lucas preferred the person in the Stormtrooper suit to be 5'10". He liked the way the armor fitted a person that size. But, as you can see in the photos below, the people playing them were all different heights. I guess Lucas didn't tell the casting director to send out a call for anyone 5'10" X number of pounds. I know that they do this in the movies when they are casting for parts for extras or a certain type.

If we are talking about Hamill, he is not what his bio says 5'9". All actors exaggerate things about themselves and the number one thing is usually height. You can tell that Hamill is not tall because of his chest piece being trimmed much shorter so you can see his AB plate.

As for anybody that actually did play a Stormtrooper in the OT, meeting them now and trying to get an idea of what their height was 30 plus years ago would be hard, because as you get older your body compresses and thus you height shortens. So their height 30 years ago is not what it is now.

christiescoverblank.jpg

StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p0.jpg

I had my picture taken with Hammill at C V and I put him about 5'7" - 5'8."

TE derived armor can be challenging in the legs I think at 6'0". Maybe it's because I'm a lot of leg, but here are some pix that show this clearly:

Back of legs - see how much black is there?

eSB_EIB_3_Back.jpg

Here you can see (I'm in the middle) how the shin is barely even touching the boot:

39718_1562797906855_1142553602_31629863_318735_n.jpg

Second from right, if my thighs are lowered to not have much gap to the shins, look how much space there is at the top of the thighs:

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Ideally you should have only minimal black showing, which when I look at people with untrimmed armor it looks best about 5'9-5'10", so that squares with the rule of thumb.

Happy to help Dan, and when I get more time, I will post more pix. :)

Great news Tom, please do… :icon_beg: find the time for more pix…

BTW, have you looked at this link for some TK pix: http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=10786

I’ll take a look at it… :icon_bow:

Is indee me and Pete who met some of the original TK's and the first thing we were both struck by was their height.

Please Gary if you have more pix of your close encounters with them, it would be awesome… :icon_bow::icon_bow::salute:

TE derived armor can be challenging in the legs I think at 6'0". Maybe it's because I'm a lot of leg, but here are some pix that show this clearly:

Back of legs - see how much black is there?

eSB_EIB_3_Back.jpg

Here you can see (I'm in the middle) how the shin is barely even touching the boot:

39718_1562797906855_1142553602_31629863_318735_n.jpg

Second from right, if my thighs are lowered to not have much gap to the shins, look how much space there is at the top of the thighs:

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Ideally you should have only minimal black showing, which when I look at people with untrimmed armor it looks best about 5'9-5'10", so that squares with the rule of thumb.

Because of my height (1.87 meters.) that was a MAJOR concern for me when I started to look for an armor back in 2007, I’ve asked and questioned a lot of helpful member of this forum to figure out my best choices.

I wanted to make sure I purchase an armor that was in the long range and not the short range; TM did the job well. :D

I had my picture taken with Hammill at C V and I put him about 5'7" - 5'8."

That is probably close to the mark, no pun intended..by using the reference "Mark"

Carrie Fisher is 5'1". Harrison Ford is 6'1". If you look at the pictures standing beside each other, Hammil is a little bit taller than Carrie, but not by much.

Harrison is kind of leaning, but Mark and Carrie are pretty much standing straight. In fact, I would say Hammil is closer to 5'5" to 5'6" tall.

3050939015_d96205dd49.jpg

Luke_Leia.jpg

20090805224719.jpg