Tk9301 Requesting EIB status[145][AP]

your strapping seems to need some tweaking

you should have straps connecting the cod and but plate, this will prevent the tail look and cod from protruding. also you need straps to keep the chest and back together. there are other small strapping malfunctions as well.

if you re adjust your back and chest the shoulder straps should stay attached with Velcro just fine, but you may need to heat and bend them slightly.

the armor looks great! :D

just a few strapping fixes and you should be good to go ;)

perhaps someone in your garrison can assist you, it is hard to get it set up by yourself.

Your left shoulder bell looks like it's falling off.

I recommend you loosen up the over-the-shoulder chest-back connections, and strap the upper back and kidney together. While there should ideally be a slight gap between the two, your gap seems too large.

In addition, your handplates seem much too large. Although it's not required for EI, I recommend ditching the plastic handplates in favor of a set of Sonnenschein's gloves with attached non-latex handplates.

your strapping seems to need some tweaking

. also you need straps to keep the chest and back together. there are other small strapping malfunctions as well.

The originals had no strapping to keep the back and chest together they were strapped independently of eachother- the back was connected to the Kidney and the chest was connected to the Ab plate.

Also I think you need to raise the belt as it is sitting a little low, then you will be able to see the split in the Kidney/butt without having to remove the belt. You could also glue the shoulder straps on at the front and leave the rear free floating with white elastic loops holding them in place so you lose the velcro which makes them sit a little proud of the armour, these, along with the handplates suggested by Brian, are real quick fixes and I believe will enhance the overall screen accurate look of the armour.

i have an extra set of ATA hand plates if you want them, i can trim them up and send them to you next time i go to the post office. just pm me your shipping info ;)

...Tube strips seem to be covered by the ears...Do you need the black stripe (rank?) on the ear bumps?...I agree with gluing the straps to the chest plate...Back of the ammo boxes photo...not sure as I am new to all this :unsure:

TMC

Remember guys when reviewing these threads, there are required elements and nice to have's. Please ensure we differentiate between the two.

Heck, even my EI is missing some "nice to haves". :)

Here are some updated pictures

I am standing a little weird in the 1st picture due to a broken foot, so that is why it looks like I am uneven on one side

P1110786.jpg

P1110779.jpg

P1110778.jpg

P1110777.jpg

P1110776.jpg

P1110775.jpg

P1110774.jpg

P1110787.jpg

Edited by giric thren

P1110779.jpg

Thomas / Paul

I know it may NOT be a 'Must Have' but velcro on the front of the

shoulder bridges for EIB? :unsure:

Call me an 'Elitist' if you want, but this is a REEEEELY simple thing to do and adds

to the appearance ten fold B)

Other then that the only things I can add to what others have said, that it would be nice to see the following;-

• Green lens

• White drop box straps

• Rank bars on ear antennas

• TD details

:)

My straps are Velcroed on the front, My lenses are green.

Thomas

errm, I know mate that's why I high lighted it. Gluing them at the front is more screen accurate

and in my opinion should be a 'must have'.

As I said a really simple thing to do, but Boy! does look a million times better :)

As for the green lenses, a shot showing this used to be part of the submission for

EIB but if the new D.O. as changed this please forgive me :salute:

Have pride in being EIB, I know I do :)

No worries brother, I have been meaning to glue it down, I just havent had the time.Thanks for the advice. Added a picture of the green lenses post #10

Edited by giric thren

we have been working on the puch list via pm, just a few more minor fixes. and bill i agree there are a few small should haves that could be made must haves ;)

Subtle fixes and slight mods really help in the overall final appearance. I know the strap setup has given you issues previously. Looks more secure and improved now. Good luck. All the hard work will be worth it.

Subtle fixes and slight mods really help in the overall final appearance. I know the strap setup has given you issues previously. Looks more secure and improved now. Good luck. All the hard work will be worth it.

Yeah, it is fitting much better now. I am glad I made the changes:

Speaking of which here is updated pics

P1110800.jpg

P1110798.jpg

P1110797.jpg

P1110796.jpg

P1110795.jpg

P1110793.jpg

P1110792.jpg

P1110790.jpg

Congratz Thomas, on your EIB!

Edited by RogueTrooper