TK or TD

DSC07158.jpg

The Pro's of TK's

1)people seem to love a clean trooper more then a dirty one <_< Since 95% of people only remember clean troopers

2) It's lighter when it comes to trooping.

3)Also cheaper to get an accurate TK going then an Accurate TD

3) you don't have to carry your "BFG" when a holstered E-11 is just fine

Con's of the clean tk

1) you don't get all the cool sandy stuff :P j/k

2) You have to clean your armor after almost every troop unless you think "wonkyiness is close to godliness" I.E the more scuffs and scratches the better just like the film used suits :lol:

3) If your in to accuracy then you wearing a pauldron & mag pouches on a clean is a bit of a no no to many but i say do what you want. (also the 501st has now made it ok to do so if you are a EU heavy weapons trooper)

4) being a TK you kind of blend in with the sea of other tk's where TD's get a bit more personality

DSC07573.jpg

The Pro's of the TD

1) BFG's lol, pauldron's, mag pouches, the backpacks

2) Unlike TK's you never see the same looking sandy twice everyone is different and has something new to offer and has the personality of it's owner showing threw it's armor.

3) You can carry your phone, wallet ID ect. on you where as to a TK doesn't have this luxury

4)Also with the pauldron comes rank (there is a real rank system i forgot what color is what rank to tell the truth lol) so while trooping most people scream there's the captain! lol

5) You look like you have been threw many battles ;)

6) You don't have to worry about getting dirty

7) The boys on the MEPD say the ladys love us :lol:

Con's

1) That back pack can weigh you down after a few hours

2) Theres no holstering an MG or a Lewis

3) Some events have a problem with your huge gun <_<

4) If moving in a TK is a pain a TD is a bit worse

5) got to watch out for your bee stinger.... well your pack altogether going threw doors ect

6) sometimes your shoulder bell can slip or be pulled down by your pack straps, If your anything like me something falling out of place will drive you nuts

If i missed anything i'm sorry :P

Thats me plan!!! I will save up for my next suit ( thats for Guns!) and the FX is going to get hit by Dirt!!! Either way Mike u will still look cool and be part of the best Brother/Sister Hood!!!!! What every road u go, post pics of the process!!!

TK or TD?

Do both! :P

First, get your TK going. (For 501st Legion membership.)

After you get your TK up to cruzing speed, get your TD! Nothing compares to being a "dirty bad boy"!

T :salute:

Absolutely - listen to the wisdom of Guns. Become a cross-dresser and enjoy the beauty of both worlds. I did, as have others. Yeah, TK's are pretty common, but *well done* TK's aren't. TD's are - for now - more accuracy obsessed as a group.

I'd say go TK and when it gets too scuffed and grimy to keep clean, make it your TD and get a new suit. Also, as noted it takes time and research to do a *good* TD, so you can learn TD-ness while trooping as a TK.

Me too.

I did i this way.

Start out whit my one GT/FX in 2000.

Found out there was much better/accurate suits out there in 2004.

Sold it and buy two GF insted, to make them into one TK and one TD.

Later in 2005 i saw the AP, sold my two GF suits and buy two AP insted and did them the same way as TK and TD.

Now here in 2007 i have sold my two AP, and have now two TM suits.

One done TD suit, and the TK is in progress.

The anh TK is fantastic, and the suit i have loved since i was a kid and saw the movies.

But i think the TD is way more bad boy, and looks more like a real army patrol killa to me (something i not like to get mad :) ).

To me the TK and TD is the best/most cool costumes of the movies 100%.

Cheers.

Rolf :)

P1011622_1.jpg

WOW these are some nice shots people.

Yes I fell in love with the TK as soon as they balsted the door on the Tantive IV.

But there is always something about the well worn, I live in this suit look of the TD.

If it goes like most of you make it souns I have a feeling I will be purchasing multiple sets.

LOL Boy will the wife be happy. LOL

• 1 month later...

Hey Gundham Zep! You posted... like... cough-cough... your 420-eth post dude! I want to be like you!

My TD is in the C+ to B- range. Yes, it is an FX, but if I ever get under 235 pounds, maybe I could get into an RT-Mod suit... or at least get some choice pieces. I have a helmet on the way.

And TD's stuff looks a little - don't throw me under the bus - cooler than TK's stuff, or lack of. So, my next project is my back pack.

I like the big gun too.

Hey Gundham Zep! You posted... like... cough-cough... your 420-eth post dude! I want to be like you!

My TD is in the C+ to B- range. Yes, it is an FX, but if I ever get under 235 pounds, maybe I could get into an RT-Mod suit... or at least get some choice pieces. I have a helmet on the way.

And TD's stuff looks a little - don't throw me under the bus - cooler than TK's stuff, or lack of. So, my next project is my back pack.

I like the big gun too.

I think most TD's look cooler than most TK's because most people's TK's look like crap. A bad TK looks worse than a bad TD.

That said, a well done TK looks far better than a normal TD.

I think most TD's look cooler than most TK's because most people's TK's look like crap. A bad TK looks worse than a bad TD.

That said, a well done TK looks far better than a normal TD.

That is VERY true! B)

• 9 years later...