I have an announcement.

TK-4510

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. I dunno what I should call it. I am just tired of AP, TE, CAP, FX, etc... Something cool :) Maybe you guys have some ideas??

This armor will be very special to me and I want to do the absolute best I can do with it. Its a huge undertaking. When its complete it will be as unique as I can make it. I have always had a problem with some of the parts and I am going to re do those first.

I haven't set a price. It wont be $350.00 and it wont be $1500.00. I will try to make the price as equitable as possible. The only thing I DO know for sure is that I will offer it in stages. You can buy just the plastic or add on all the way up to as much as I can offer. I think it would be cool to have the entire package available.

Yes, I have been discussing this with Paul and a few others for months now and its finally time to tell everyone. I wasn't completely sure that I wanted to go the armor route. Its alot of work and with my decals and accessories I didn't know if it would be something I would be able to commit to. But I decided to do this and do it as well as I can.

I will sell the helmets and armor together or separate. I will also sell parts if need be.

Thanks guys. I dunno what I should call it. I am just tired of AP, TE, CAP, FX, etc... Something cool :) Maybe you guys have some ideas??

This armor will be very special to me and I want to do the absolute best I can do with it. Its a huge undertaking. When its complete it will be as unique as I can make it. I have always had a problem with some of the parts and I am going to re do those first.

I haven't set a price. It wont be $350.00 and it wont be $1500.00. I will try to make the price as equitable as possible. The only thing I DO know for sure is that I will offer it in stages. You can buy just the plastic or add on all the way up to as much as I can offer. I think it would be cool to have the entire package available.

Yes, I have been discussing this with Paul and a few others for months now and its finally time to tell everyone. I wasn't completely sure that I wanted to go the armor route. Its alot of work and with my decals and accessories I didn't know if it would be something I would be able to commit to. But I decided to do this and do it as well as I can.

I will sell the helmets and armor together or separate. I will also sell parts if need be.

Awesome! Can't wait to see it.

There are various thicknesses of plastic that would do but 1mm is the way to go for accuracy. Also non-acrylic capped semi-gloss ABS like we are using for our ROTJ suits would be good as it doesn't need painting...

Joe

You don't want to make it Very Thick , armour is Always better in a medium guage for both strengh and flexability.

Not too sure about the thickmesses over the pond because we use the metric system Over here in the UK , a mix of 2.5mm ,2mm and 1.5mm would be ideal. Although I'm Sure but it could be Very Tricky to get 2.5mm formed on a home set up.

You don't want to make it Very Thick , armour is Always better in a medium guage for both strengh and flexability.

Not too sure about the thickmesses over the pond because we use the metric system Over here in the UK , a mix of 2.5mm ,2mm and 1.5mm would be ideal. Although I'm Sure but it could be Very Tricky to get 2.5mm formed on a home set up.

Very True

I don't want to start an argument here as we have all argued enough BUT if the FISD is supporting Mike recasting CAP, then how do we have a problem with Vaj, PT or anyone else? :huh:

Is it now based on who is friends with who? Can someone clarify for me? Maybe 2011 should be about putting all this BS behind us...

Joe

Edited by JoeR

Very true and a very tricky one to vindicate this.

But hey .... armour is armour , be it PT , Gino , ATA ,RT , TE , Vaj or Tm .

All it is is cheap plastic at the end of the day and not worth getting all worked up about , it's very tedious at times . There's much worse things hapening in the world than grown men argueing about plastic.

Peace out !