FX Armor from COSTUMEJUNKIE

Just curious if anyone has done business with him. If so, can you go into how well the communication was, packaging, shipping, etc.

Thanks

Hutt

If this is something that cant be discussed in the board openly (which would be understandable) please PM me. thanks

Do a search for Costumejunkie in google you will find a few people unhappy with his work..... also for the price of his finished suit. You are better off buying an accurate suit and putting it together for yourself or hell you can have someone put it together for you and still have money left over.

Actually my first suit from 2001 was from costumejunkie and it arrived quickly and as promised. I still troop with it now in fact.

I'd recommend spending the difference you would have spent between a kit and finished costume on beer & pizza for your soon to be garrison mates during armor parties. Better for you and them in the long run.

Actually my first suit from 2001 was from costumejunkie and it arrived quickly and as promised. I still troop with it now in fact.

I'd recommend spending the difference you would have spent between a kit and finished costume on beer & pizza for your soon to be garrison mates during armor parties. Better for you and them in the long run.

Ide buy the pizza anyway ;)

In regards to the armor itself...I bought my armor from Costumejunkie via ebay last year. They got it to me very quick and I was very happy with the armor itself and the fact everything was put together. They did respond to my emails and things went smoothly for the most part. The resin gun didn't come at the same time (they rushed the armor to me so I could have it before Halloween, which was cool) and I had to remind them about the gun later. It looks like they rushed the gun and sent it before the paint and glue dried... it chipped all over and some peices came apart when I pulled it out of the box :( The helmet is very good in my opinion, with the fans, voice box and hard hat liner.

It was WAY expensive and you can certainly get it cheaper. The issue I had was I didn't know anything about these sites and of course wasn't in the 501st yet so I had no idea where else to go to get armor. If I had access or had know about these sites then I would have bought the armor somewhere else and used these boards to assist in my own assembly. The Costumejunkie armor is good, but after trooping and meeting other guys I ended up moding it all over. It came with everything velcroed, and realistically most of the peices should be glued or riveted. I also had to trim some peices to fit me better, but that is the case with any set of armor.

Hope that helps...

thanks for that reply. Well right now my armor is sitting at a UPS office and will be delivered to my house monday. I missed the delivery by 8 minutes :P I think of it this way, If this armor is acceptable to be in the 501st, if I scuff it up too bad, I can concert it to an outdoor armor. I also wont feel so bad about scratching it. But I definatly learned just from this purchase alone. I suppose I could have coated this forum with posts like "tell me what to buy" threads but I felt searching myself with a little assistance would be a happy middleground.

I appreciate all your PM's and feedback. Last night I bought a hasbro E11 from amazon for 15 bucs and waiting on a response from the UK guy on the big auction site to reply to me before i decide to buy the conversion kit.

I will post a link to pictures showing my kit once i receive it. Im suppose to receive the armor in one shipment, and the rest in another.

well as some of you know, i received my armor a few days ago and am already working on it. But I must say, I will not recommend this company. The refuse to answer my emails. And now is ignoring my calls. I just hope to the imperial gods i get the rest of my order. (boots,neckring,undersuit, etc).

I also am not sure if this was suppose to be included, but there was no back piece/strip that attaches to the belt. Its not big im buying a sheet for the snaps anyway, but its the principle.

Today was the day I had had enough. Numorous emails and not one reply, and several phonecalls gone unanswered. I felt bad, felt like maybe i pi$$ed the guy off due to my constant aggressiveness. So i called him from work. a different number. A suprise the owner answered.

I explained to him that I was concerned because he wasnt replying to my emails regarding parts not received, etc, and he told me he hadnt received any emails from me. He explained to me that he recently switched over from his hotmail to the new "windows live" hotmail and wondered if that was the reason.

So he took a look and it appeared that I was being blocked as spam :P

I received the rest of my packages today when I got home from work. All is good. So just a fyi, he WILL receive emails if you email him from the big auction site.

Both times I spoke with him on the phone were good experiences, the only thing he didnt do that he said he was going to, was email me tracking numbers.

Anyhoo, all is well.

cheers..

Any way Felix, at least u got your stuff, and the most importante thing is the for the new guys they will find your thread a source of information. I have noticed that more and more new guys are hitting the FISD first and that in the very short time will help out, and hey most of us have a SW Horror story to tell... mine was spending 200 for a ridell lid :unsure::6::blush: any how i know better now.... "I hope"

use your search engine look up and post away any questions!!!!!

And post pics!!! start your armor builiding/modifications thread!!!!

thanks for the kind words. I still havent received any emails, "im glad you received or product" type emails. I dunno, maybe I expect too much. I could be too worried upset the sender because i feel they have the upper hand.

Im a firm believer in communication. I have 100% feedback rating at the big auction site because of it. **shrug**

Had I known the knowledge I know know, Ide research a little more.

I just want to say what a fantastic thread this is. It's great that all the new TK's have this place to learn and share.

Ditto.

I am sure some of this was available when I started, I just wish I would have found it sooner.

Excellent info, and thanks for keeping us up to date on not only the bad, but the good stuff. It takes 10 positive actions to equal the impact of one negative action. It would be great if we all kept that in mind in our daily lives, in our posts, in our conversations, etc.....

:trooper:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Huttman,

I came on board a little late to help answer your question. But late better than never I hope. Follow this link to a japan blog written in english, very informative and humorous. The owner of the blog troop in TK armor in Japan and had quite an experience with the said supplier. He has vader stuff too. I am not making a judgement here because all of us have different experiences.

So enjoy this site. :)

-----------

CORDIALLY FROM ME TO YOU.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I actually got my armor from Costumejunkie three months ago. I opted for the put it yourself together gig. I had zero problems and everything arrived as promised in very quick fashion. He actually answered my e-mail inquiries, but since everything I ordered came as promised I had no further dealings with him after the initial sale set up. :lol: My friend on the other hand had some issues because his box got wet in shipping from the states damaging decals. He actually got replacement stickers though it took several attempts. He also found as he built his armor that the thighs did not exactly match, but he never got resolution on that. :( I did get the impression that costumejunkie is just a middleman to get stuff from the FX folks because of where the armor shipped from. Thus the price mark up. I will pobably go Sandy with this first armor, but not till I have a second.

I will admit that I had the impression the 501st would only accept folks who had already built an initial armor, but I probably did not really research enough. Needless to say I am glad that Im now hooked up with the 501st in Italy and one of the armorers lives in my town...wish I would have known prior to spending all the cash. Though I think convinving my wife about building a second armor won't be as bad since it will be consierable cheaper.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This is one helpful thread. As a NOOB I have learned more in a couple of hours (while at work...LOL) on this board than I have in the past few months on my own. Thank you guys so much!

Matt, there are a LOT of helpful threads around here, so check em out!

And welcome to the FISD! :salute:

• 5 years later...

You gotta love the search feature!  I'm a newbie and still trying to choose my costume. TK is probably my favorite, but I am a little concerned that I'm not quite slim enough to make it look "right".

I saw CostumeJunkie on eBay. Sure looks good to someone like me (with almost ZERO costume making skills). I'm glad I checked this board. I'm not saying I won't order from him, but I have a better understanding of what my options are.

I ordered my first set of armor from Edward aka CostumeJunkie in 2005 and still have the emails. He was a good guy for FX armor back when there was FX armor and before there was an FISD.

Yes, necro-post however I'm enjoying the nostalgia trip from ~9 years ago.