vt armor

2013hemi

there is a set of vt armor on ebay item #250737825825 by a seller named vacuum-dis! any one know any thing about this it will be my first set of armor i dont want to spend alot but i also dont want crap either i already made the mistake to buy a superem edition darth vader not knowing of all the upgrades any info would be great so i can get out and start trooping.

Guest jedislayer5000

there is a set of vt armor on ebay item #250737825825 by a seller named vacuum-dis! any one know any thing about this it will be my first set of armor i dont want to spend alot but i also dont want crap either i already made the mistake to buy a superem edition darth vader not knowing of all the upgrades any info would be great so i can get out and start trooping.

do a search for vt you will find tons of posts with all the info you need to know about him

do a search for vt you will find tons of posts with all the info you need to know about him

thanks, thats exactly what i was doing going through all the old posts. kindof mixed reviews mostly positive i guess, but say it needs a lot of work

Won't comment directly on this particular Ebay seller but the consensus on here seems to be to avoid Ebay buys. If you haven't already, you should probably read this...

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538

Trust me, I made the mistake of buying armour on Ebay before finding FISD and reading any of this. The armour available from known sellers on here is as inexpensive or less expensive and of better quality than most of what you will find on Ebay.

Won't comment directly on this particular Ebay seller but the consensus on here seems to be to avoid Ebay buys. If you haven't already, you should probably read this...

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=11538

Trust me, I made the mistake of buying armour on Ebay before finding FISD and reading any of this. The armour available from known sellers on here is as inexpensive or less expensive and of better quality than most of what you will find on Ebay.

yea i would rather buy from someone who is a member to keep it in the family, but havent been able to find thoes who do it

Just say no to ebay. Trust me, you'll be kicking yourself later.

Head over to that thread and do some research. You'll find what you're looking for.

i tried to im supertrooper on the ata but its giving me an error message

Yes apparently it's good but a little soft and he's a good egg

It's just the stuff is a naughty recast of a TE lid and AP body I believe

If you didn't know any better fair enough, but you know it's a recast now so...

Upto you really......?

Edited by john danter

Okay, I bought a set second hand because the price was right. The original owner stopped the build for what I believe was because of the work that was going to be involved in finishing it. There was a lot of work making the parts fit up correctly. Once I spent the time the suit did turn out nice. I turned it into a TD with all the added detail changes. I knew that I could hide some of the fixes because of the dirty look. It is a ABS suit and that was what I was looking for, for my TD project. I can tell you I'm glad I didn't pay full price for the suit. I know that all kits have some work in the fit and finish, but this was just way to much.

I do not have a VT helmet I bought a AP and it works great with this armor. (so what I have is a AP kit for much less )

Would I have bought this for a TK kit and the answer is NO. (TM for that)

I knew there was going to be some work involved and was ready for that, it worked out for the TD.

I'm not totally against the VT just wanted you to be informed that in my opinion there is more work in it, then just spending a little more money, and saving the hassle.

My 2 cents.............

IMG_1050.jpg

Striking a Pose... :)

Edited by Obievon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Non Member at Cloud City Garrison who saw this E Bay auction and The seller states that VT is worn by FISD and 501st. It is under 500. and the non member is wanting to purchase it and join the 501st when he turns 18. Do I post the link here in this thread? It looks fine with the pictures.

This is really up to you Allan. VT is an unapproved recaster and while the quality has improved it hasn't always been the case. I guess the question is why support VT when there are vetted/approved sellers already?

As you know very well, pretty much any armor can be made 501st acceptable, even out of the box FX if you tweak some things. It's kinda like wearing PT armor - you can still join / be a member but one would ask why support them.