Jedislayer's CAP-W Bucket Build

Guest jedislayer5000

Guest jedislayer5000

ok a few days ago i started on the helmet, havent done any sort of build thread yet tho so im gonna put it in all at once :) so i built it completely and then i decided i didnt like the shape of it, so i switched it around a bit, moved the ears to be evenly spaced and straight (were facing forwards much more before since its easier haha) and i raised the brow, i dont have pics of that because it was distasteful lol... but i have pics of when i got it how i wanted just before painting.. here

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0941.jpg

and heres pics of after painting, its drying in these pics lol.. i did 2 coats of primer, and 5 light coats of paint i think it turned out pretty sweet especially considering this is the first time ive ever painted anything in my life rofl

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

and heres the pics of when its fully cured, sorry have very low light in my room but you can see it is very glossy where the light is hitting it from my lamp...

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

now thats its cured over about 35 hours, i am going to do the hand painting detail and decals, and then i will do a super glossy, protective clear coat overtop of the decals and hand paint when they have cured (24 hours) i got accurate humbrols from the local hobby shop :) will be posting pics in a couple hours when thats done :) ps. i know the brow is high but thats what i want, for some reason i just really like the high brow look, its so ANH lol, in ESB and ROTJ everyone had perfectly straight low brows i dont like that as much

Guest jedislayer5000

okies spent the last 3+ hours hand painting, i started with the teeth which i think turned out very well especially seeing as this is the first time ive ever painted anything besides spraying the helmet 2 days ago lol, i went with the move along trooper teeth and modified the small ones a tad, and then i did the vocoder which turned out good imo also.. here are the pics :)

used this brush for the teeth, its a square one if you can make that out lol, pretty blurry

IMG_0963.jpg

ok here are the teeth, ill get a pic of the bucket in daylight instead of lamp light tommorow

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

and heres the brush for the vocoder, its round, used for making the round tops on the vocoder

IMG_0981.jpg

and the vocoder, kind of looks like this guys..

original-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

Guest jedislayer5000

Brandon are you going Sandtrooper cause that brow look high?

Nice helmetand paint job!

ya i know it looks just like the move along trooper heh thats the look im going for, no im not going TD tho, ive seen some TK's with high brows, i like the look

Guest jedislayer5000

ok just finished putting the decals on, and no one told me the tube stripe decals, ARENT DECALS.. theyre stickers >.> so, after soaking them, screwing up, peeling every piece off individually and re-sticking them on in an attempt to rescue them instead of buying and waiting for new ones, took about an hour and a half but i finally did it, so if anyone says "hey your tube stripes are crooked or off" then ill have to slap them :P now i just taped the brow on to get a general idea of where it will sit because i still have yet to do the clear coat finish on the bucket, then the trim will go on last.. im also gonna paint the brow trim with black latex paint because it is in pretty bad condition, not sure if it got ran over by a car or what lol but i cant find any locally so paint it is! so, what do you guys think? i still gotta paint the ear bumps which im not even gonna attempt until i get pinstripe tape, shouldnt be too hard to find

IMG_0988.jpg

Guest jedislayer5000

Today is my birthday and i have cancer , my wife also left me and i'd like to know if you'd send me your helmet as a gift?

you crack me up quebectrooper :D

You've done an excellent job so far!

Great job on the painting. I love my CAP-W helmet too (its a TX though). B)

Great looking helm!!!

thx for all the posative comments guys :) ya im looking at it now and i am very satisfied with how it turned out, details came out very sharp good contrast... as soon as i get pinstripe paint today ill paint the ears, wait 24 hours for all paint to cure and put on a clear coat for extra glossiness

Guest jedislayer5000

btw does anyone know how i can mount these lenses? i know i can cut holes to match the screws inside of my helmet to mount it on but then it sags in the middle, i dont wanna use tape that looks too cheap lol, was considering cutting them out and using putty.. the lenses are dark green plastic material and about 1.8mm thick themselves altho they are very flexible, id much prefer these to acetate for longevity

Guest jedislayer5000

Nice helmet! But I'm sorry to inform you that you put the tube stripes on the wrong sides... those should be swapped.

wrong side? how can you tell lol, i had no idea i went from a reference pic and they looked right

Guest jedislayer5000

The front lines are slightly angled, and they should follow the helmet shape:

DaveMANH08.jpg

DaveMANH01.jpg

oh lol, meh the helmets were all hand painted so no two are the same, im not too concerned about it

oh lol, meh the helmets were all hand painted so no two are the same, im not too concerned about it

I was going to say the same thing as Pablos as I can't unsee it, but if you're cool with it, well cool for you :D

The lid looks very nice. One question though: Why did you have to tape the brow in place? It should sit there on it's own by pressure only.

Edited by R2Dan

Guest jedislayer5000

I was going to say the same thing as Pablos as I can't unsee it, but if you're cool with it, well cool for you :D

The lid looks very nice. One question though: Why did you have to tape the brow in place? It should sit there on it's own by pressure only.

oh i know it does but its a pain in the as s to put it on lol so i was just too lazy to put it on for the pic heh, only to take it off since i havent put on the clear coat of paint yet

edit: wtf is with the filter system lol, changed the word a$$ to "an impolite person" rofl

Edited by jedislayer5000

CAP lids are pretty nice - I still have my original CAP signature high gloss lid here. And it won't go anywhere anytime soon :)

Too bad Chris left the hobby, he was a nutter, but a nice chap... oh well!

Guest jedislayer5000

CAP lids are pretty nice - I still have my original CAP signature high gloss lid here. And it won't go anywhere anytime soon :)

Too bad Chris left the hobby, he was a nutter, but a nice chap... oh well!

hehe nice, ya they are pretty sweet i like the look of them

Guest jedislayer5000

hi billy mays here, i just got back from wal mart and got some mighty putty to reinforce the mic tip sockets heh, theyre about as thin as tracing paper, if i wanted i could put my finger right through them np.. i also picked up some aerator tips and mesh to try on my mic tips.. trying to think up what i can do for them heh..

mighty-putty.jpg

Guest jedislayer5000

do you guys think if i were to just get something like this http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?D=920827&Ntt=920827&catalogId=10051&langId=-15&storeId=10051&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=0&Ntk=P_PartNumber and paint it black and find some way to mount it that it would be accurate? looks pretty accurate to me unless someone knows something i could buy locally thats more accurate? having a hard time with the provided mic tips

Guest jedislayer5000

oh god that stuff stinks lol, got it on there it gets pretty hot but goes on good.. also painted the black stripes on the ear, got em on the rear most bump on both sides.. will have pics once the paint is dry and i apply the tape

oh god that stuff stinks lol, got it on there it gets pretty hot but goes on good.. also painted the black stripes on the ear, got em on the rear most bump on both sides.. will have pics once the paint is dry and i apply the tape

Yeah it does. I use plumbers putty on a lot of my lids/armor, etc. Stinks just as bad, but really great stuff though.

web.jpg?ver=12878779070001

web.jpg?ver=12878779330001

web.jpg?ver=12888301150001

Edited by TK 4702