Will an ATA set fit my body type?

Hello everyone,

I am new here on the forums and have been looking at the various sets that are recommended on here. I am considering buying an ATA set, but before I do I want to know if it will be able to fit my body type. I am 5ft 11, and i weigh 195lbs. I am not skinny and I'm not large either, just kinda in the middle.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully i put this in the right forum section.

You're basically my height and weight exactly and TE2 fits me like a living glove! No shimming or anything.

ATA is based on the TE lineage so it should do very well.

But, my advice is KEEP reading and researching to make sure you know what you want.

You may have already done that, but it's better to be anxious because you're dying to get it than sorry you rushed.

Ask yourself — if you haven't already — how important are these things to you?

• Price
  • Material (HIPS vs. ABS)
  • Accuracy (screen vs. idealized)
  • Availability (sooner now or possibly better later)
  • Lineage

Read the links in my signature for more info too... but, yes, assuming ATA is similar to TE2 — which I've heard it is — it should fit you great.

You're basically my height and weight exactly and TE2 fits me like a living glove! No shimming or anything.

ATA is based on the TE lineage so it should do very well.

But, my advice is KEEP reading and researching to make sure you know what you want.

You may have already done that, but it's better to be anxious because you're dying to get it than sorry you rushed.

Ask yourself — if you haven't already — how important are these things to you?

• Price
  • Material (HIPS vs. ABS)
  • Accuracy (screen vs. idealized)
  • Availability (sooner now or possibly better later)
  • Lineage

Read the links in my signature for more info too... but, yes, assuming ATA is similar to TE2 — which I've heard it is — it should fit you great.

Will I be able to get the ATA to meet 501st standards?

On 12/7/2010 at 2:40 PM, Wiggleplum said:

Haha... you really need to read some more! :D

I'll put it this way... if people can get FX armor kits to pass 501st, ATA will be no problem at all. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Haha... you really need to read some more! :D

And I'm not laughing "AT" you here. Just remembering how it is to start out and how you really don't know anything! We were all there bro, and asking questions is the only way to learn! :salute:

I think it's more than fair to say that it's the build, not the kit that meets 501st standards. There Rubies armor that has been modded and worked into something passable, and I've seen AP and TE2 kits so poorly done they had to be re-worked before being allowed.