question on approval

tmcp51d

Would like to get up to EIB and have a few questions...

Will the AM kit with the new helmet work (ANH hero)?

If I do need a new bucket (stunt) can the belt pass with 4 rivet attachments?

My blaster came from eBay unknown mfg....will it pass not knowing that?

Would like to know this info before I get started..

Thanks,

TMC

Edited by tmcp51d

Would like to get up to EIB and have a few questions...

Will the AM kit with the new helmet work (ANH hero)?

If I do need a new bucket (stunt) can the belt pass with 4 rivet attachments?

My blaster came from eBay unknown mfg....will it pass not knowing that?

Would like to know this info before I get started..

Thanks,

TMC

To be honest, I'm not sure about the helmet...I've heard that it's pretty close to the FX model, which is not allowed for EIB, but I'm sure that Mason will chime in here soon.

Technically speaking, the belt rivet/fastener requirement is a "should have," not a "must have," but I would strongly suggest that for a stunt build, you make the extra effort and have the two fasteners.

The maker of the blaster is unimportant for EIB. What is looked at is whether it has the correct ANH parts (hengstler counter, t-racks, d-ring, folding stock, and power cylinders). Your best bet to pre-check it is to post a picture and let people take a look.

yes, as stated above, the AM helmet is not acceptable. as for the blaster, and belt, as long as you follow the EIB requirements, you will be fine ;) also, it really dosn't matter where you purchased the blaster, if you simply provide the basic type (resin,hasbro,scratchbuild ext...) :D

• 2 weeks later...

there are several sources for resin counters.. from this site and Ebay, or you can make one from scratch (the blueprints are available).. post a WTB thread here or look on the bay ;)

sweet helmet BTW :D

Alas while Mr. FX(AM) corrected the dome on the FX to look good, the faceplate was unaltered. :(

Had he fixed that at the same time, it would be a fantastic EI approvable helmet for larger troopers.

Alas while Mr. FX(AM) corrected the dome on the FX to look good, the faceplate was unaltered. :(

Had he fixed that at the same time, it would be a fantastic EI approvable helmet for larger troopers.

i dont understand why it was only 1/2 fixed anyway???? if you are going to take the time to improve one part, why not fix all the parts, especially the most critical?????

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking E11. great weathering :)

The only thing I see is that you still need the cylinders on top of the mag well.

The cylinders are not that hard to make. You can find all that you need to make them at your local hardware/home improvement store. (pipe, caps, small nuts/bolts, and a small piece of light gauge sheet metal (that can be cut and formed into the base) or thin gauge angle iron for the base.)

or buy a pair from someone like blastmaster.

e11picwork.jpg

Because just like the CRL or even MEPD, the EI is not trying to capture every variation of the costume, but is trying to capture what is the common representation.

Because just like the CRL or even MEPD, the EI is not trying to capture every variation of the costume, but is trying to capture what is the common representation.

Oh ok, was just curious, because of all the requirements, that one always stuck out to me as it was clear that some E-11's in ANH didn't have the counters. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh ok, was just curious, because of all the requirements, that one always stuck out to me as it was clear that some E-11's in ANH didn't have the counters. Thanks for clarifying.

If you notice in ANH all the E11's that have the Hengstlers will have the cylinders, and there are ones that are missing the Hengstler but have the cylinders. Then there are some that are missing both.

The common thought is that they didn't have all the little greeblies to finish out all of the E11's because of "budgetary constraints"

Here are a couple theorys of mine, one of which is that there were some Sterling E11's that could fire blanks and some couldn't fire at all, like the custom gripped ones that had the wooden dowl rod instead of the barrel. I have worked on a couple of movies that had weapons on the set and it was easier for the weapons master to know which could be deadly eg. capable of being fired and which ones were non- lethal by having an easy way of distinguishing between the two. Thus, the missing greeblies could be a tell for the weapons master to know which ones to check between takes.

My other theory is that when they were developing the Stormtroopers and realized they were all in white armor and they needed to do something to make them look slightly different from each other. By changing up certain things on their suits and weapons this would give them a way to distinguish between Troopers and make it look like they had a grander army. By doing this, possibly they were trying to giving each Trooper their own distinctive look to their weapon by adding or subtracting certain greeblies. This is also possibly why there are different numbers of tube stripes, so it gave the illusion that there were more Troopers than there actually were.

If you notice in ANH all the E11's that have the Hengstlers will have the cylinders, and there are ones that are missing the Hengstler but have the cylinders. Then there are some that are missing both.

The common thought is that they didn't have all the little greeblies to finish out all of the E11's because of "budgetary constraints"

Here are a couple theorys of mine, one of which is that there were some Sterling E11's that could fire blanks and some couldn't fire at all, like the custom gripped ones that had the wooden dowl rod instead of the barrel. I have worked on a couple of movies that had weapons on the set and it was easier for the weapons master to know which could be deadly eg. capable of being fired and which ones were non- lethal by having an easy way of distinguishing between the two. Thus, the missing greeblies could be a tell for the weapons master to know which ones to check between takes.

My other theory is that when they were developing the Stormtroopers and realized they were all in white armor and they needed to do something to make them look slightly different from each other. By changing up certain things on their suits and weapons this would give them a way to distinguish between Troopers and make it look like they had a grander army. By doing this, possibly they were trying to giving each Trooper their own distinctive look to their weapon by adding or subtracting certain greeblies. This is also possibly why there are different numbers of tube stripes, so it gave the illusion that there were more Troopers than there actually were.

That's pretty interesting about making sure the could discern between the ones that could fire and those that couldn't. There have certainly been accidents on movie sets concerning guns actually shooting.

Great work Tom. :duim:

OK here are the scratch built little "tube thinges"

2010-12-28_11-06-58_872.jpg

TMC

Thanks!! Looks like all my ducks are in a row (I think)....EIB is next...Wish me luck...

TMC

Good luck Tom with your EIB. :duim: Post pix when you are ready man. LOTS of pix... :salute: