Darth Aloha

Is the ESB Efx helmet 501st approved?

I'm not sure I can pass up this $109 deal on the Efx helmet. Even if I never end up using it to troop it would still look pretty bad-a$$ displayed with my other starwarsaphernalia.

I think I understand all the mods that need to occur for EIB.

Does anyone know if this helmet is up 501st standards?

I would like to be able start trooping once I buy armor this winter without having to take the time to get the helmet ready.

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

There are a few mods that are needed though, but nothing huge. Can't seem to find the post, but I'm sure someone will of the mods required.

:smiley-sw013: What I would do is to follow No'l's Mod Tutorial. He is doing an ANH version (using MRCE which is the same thing as the eFX Precision Cast) since the ESB lids were a paint and polish of the ANH lids and re-used in ESB, you can follow along his "how to" up to that point. After that the only thing you will have to vary will be using ESB decals, painting the frown black and possibly trimming the eyes a little bit. You can buy the kit (decals, paint and the proper trim kit) from Mike (TK4510) and get Keith's mic tips. This should probably put you in the right spot for what you are wanting to do with your eFX lid.. :smiley-sw013:

No'l's HOW TO:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=8839

Keith's Hovi-Mix Mic Tips:

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=12782

Mike TK4510 link:

http://members.cox.net/appstronaut/tk4510_decals.html

If an FX/AM helmet is acceptable by the 501st then I don't see why a efx helmet wouldn't. :lol:

Although, NOT EIB approved (unless modified).

That's a really good price and it's a nice solid helmet. I have the previous incarnation of this helmet when it was made by Master Replicas and came with grey teeth. Swap out the lenses for darker ones and get some cheap tube stripe decals that are more accurate (thicker and lighter in color) and fill in the seam around the mouth with some caulking and you will be fine. Later on if you wanted to get even more accurate, you can remove the ears and thin them out and stick them back on. You can also remove the brow trim and shave off some of the upper helmet so that the trim isn't right over the eyes, but it's just personal preference at that point, definitely not necessary.

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping the boss will have this helmet waiting for me under the tree this year.

Aloha,

-Eric