jinxed

Denver Colorado diving in.

Hello FISD!

I am sticking my toe into a very deep pool here. Been lurking around the boards for well over a year, but am taking some first tentative steps.

At 7 years old, I sat in the theater opening day for Star Wars...my life changed forever. Sound familiar? Obviously, or this place would not exist.

So just like any other male sitting in that and every other theater since, I have dreamed of suiting up in a particular set of white armor.

I have met a few members of the local 501 briefly over the years, but hope to get permanently involved.

Being an artist, the idea of fitting, assembling, and detailing armor hits a whole bunch of chords.

I hope to continue learning here, participate, and hopefully contribute.

It's all a bit overwhelming and the amount of info here is seemingly bottomless, so my homework is laid out.

Thanks for the sanctuary.

Brad

welcome aboard! you have come to the right place. also be sure to sign up on your local garrison forums as well.

its good you are doing your homework, take your time and soak in all the TK goodness;) if you have any questions the people here are always glad to help out... :D

Yeah. The Mountain Garrison are a great bunch of guys. I started out with them late 2007. They will help you get the best for your buck. There's even an armor maker just north of Denver.

http://www.mg501.com

Welcome to the FISD Brad! :)

Welcome Brad. As others have noted, you're definitely in the right place. Between the resources here and involvement with your local garrison, you'll more than likely have all you need (and then some) in terms of resources and know-how.

As someone who is now several months removed from my first TK build, I understand/agree that it can be overwhelming. Just keep reading/researching, asking questions as they arise (we're a pretty welcoming bunch) and then reading some more and you'll realize your dream of donning the white armor sooner enough.

Good luck on your build and again, welcome to FISD! :)

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

I have registered with the MG501, so hopefully I can get some contacts made soon.

As for an armor source in Colorado...that is interesting news. I have obviously been researching the options, and with that I think I know where I am leaning but nothing for certain.

I have a pretty decent background with textiles, sewing, and manufacture, so I hope to apply all that. My thought was to start with things like a neck seal, gloves, boots, holster, and maybe electronics. That way I am progressing with something to calm the fire. Never worked with the armor materials so it would be nice to have the peripherals out of the way.

Currently I am working on my first weapons builds. A Blade Runner blaster, and DL-44 Greedo Killer variant. Seems I will need to get up to speed on the E-11 soon!

Thanks again,

Brad

Good afternoon Brad,

I am the Mountain Garrison CO, and we will be looking for you over on our boards to say hello. We have several events coming up in the next few weeks, so check out the calendar and come by sometime and introduce yourself.

Glad to have another TK in the works, feel free to contact me with any questions.

I also can help you on the armor front as well, so make sure you are not a stranger!!!

Welcome aboard the FISD Brad :salute:

Make yourself at home.