DC-15X/E11s/MG34 multi bfg build

ive been pounding away in the shop to get this BFG done before Christmas. it is a hybrid multi blaster, primarily it is a DC-15x aka the E11s sniper rifle but it also converts into a MG-34 with a separate barrel attachment

E11s

starwarsbattlefront_030104_004.jpg

DC15x clone sniper rifle

DC15x_Scharfsch%C3%BCtzengewehr.jpg

this is what i have so far, the main assembly is done and electronics are almost fully installed, the MG34 barrel is almost done and ready to fit as well, when done it will be 3 different bfg's in one ;)

dc15x003.jpgdc15x002.jpgdc15x001.jpg

Edited by dashrazor

got this almost done :P hope to put it up on the auction block by this weekend, i installed the lights and sounds and almost finished the MG34 conversion, it easily converts by removing 3 screws and the scope

dc15x005.jpgdc15x004.jpgdc15x006.jpgdc15x007.jpg

dlt-19 conversion is done, just need to add t-tracks

im having camera or lighting issues though :blink: i just cant seem to get a good clear shot (its driving me bonkers lol)

the best thing about this is that it only weighs about 3 LBS or so, it can be wielded with one hand like a pistol :D

dc15x008.jpgdc15x009.jpg

That looks terrific. Very well done. What is it primarily made of?

mostly ABS plastic, some wood, various metals, pvc and some parts from the kitchen sink :P

well... its off to the emergency room for me lol :o i just about cut the tip of my thumb off with a surgical saw blade ( i do not recommend using a surgical bone saw :blink: ) i just wrapped it up with electrical tape, but the wife insist it needs stitches.....

dc15x018.jpg

Top notch work Mason :duim:

Sorry about your thumb, been there, done that.... :unsure:

yea it is a ruger kit i found it on gunbroker.com when looking for e11 parts ;) you got a link to that tutorial by chance?i cant seem to locate it

Sure do mason, lol. http://tk861.com/indexframed2.html

look on the left side menu and go to "trooper gear", Then Click on "Weapons" and the tutorial is on the upper right Marked as "NEW" MG42/34 KIT

"Oh, and i feel yer pain ,with that injured thumb and all".I did similar damage when i was a teenager...and man it hurt

Edited by WWIIREBEL

now for the final mg 34 todlt-19 conversion..

i found this vintage t-track material in my cellar

dc15x011.jpg

first i attached the t-tracks with super glue (i always use gorilla brand it seems stronger than most)

dc15x013.jpg

i use this layout to align my tracks properly

MG-34_Fin_Alignment.jpg

then i cut small notches in the far end of each track with a fine cut off wheel

dc15x016.jpg

finally i stripped the insulation off some copper wire and wrapped it around the barrel tightly and soldered it in place (this will help prevent tracks from falling off)

dc15x019.jpgdc15x020.jpg

cut off the excess wire after soldering

dc15x021.jpg

the ammo cover is a simple rectangular box that is made from aluminum and plastic

dc15x026.jpg

aadc15x007.jpg

the conical disc is made from a nail on type furniture glide

225862_front200.jpg

http://hardware.hardwarestore.com/28-453-furniture-glides.aspx?viewAll=yes&sortBy=

i put the nail end in a drill and filed it to a conical shape

dc15x022.jpg

done at last

aadc15x003.jpgaadc15x004.jpgaadc15x005.jpgaadc15x006.jpgaadc15x007.jpgaadc15x008.jpg

sniper conversion

aadc15x009.jpgaadc15x010.jpg

• 3 years later...

ive been pounding away in the shop to get this BFG done before Christmas. it is a hybrid multi blaster, primarily it is a DC-15x aka the E11s sniper rifle but it also converts into a MG-34 with a separate barrel attachment

E11s

starwarsbattlefront_030104_004.jpg

DC15x clone sniper rifle

DC15x_Scharfsch%C3%BCtzengewehr.jpg

this is what i have so far, the main assembly is done and electronics are almost fully installed, the MG34 barrel is almost done and ready to fit as well, when done it will be 3 different bfg's in one wink.gif

dc15x003.jpgdc15x002.jpgdc15x001.jpg

Very nice. My master is pleased with your work.