My New Uniform

As much as I really wanted to be a real TK, I decided I am just too short to pull it off well. I still intend to have fun with femtrooper. I really wanted some way to become an approved 501st member. I love all the positive impact the group has, and I know I was missing out by not being able to attend canon events.

A wise trooper here pointed me in the direction of Juno Eclipse. I decided it was a great fit for me, and will allow me to mix some hotness into the 501st as well. I do like to stand out in a crowd :D

I have worked hard on my femtrooper even though it is not approved. I spent time researching Juno and learning all I could in an effort to do it right. I have played Force Unleashed I & II, so I know the story. I just never realized I could get approved with her Rogue Shadow look.

I contracted a tailor with some Imperial Officer experience. We spent a few months going back and forth on details and measurements. If there are any problems it is because I was off on my measurements.

The tailor completed the uniform and shipped it this week. I am excited to see the results! I have a good belt and hat coming as well. I also ordered good code cylinders from a supplier on Imperial Officer.

Here is my Jacket that she shipped. More details as it progresses!

image002hu.th.jpg

image001bv.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI for everyone out there:

Shipping to Hawaii is not that hard, we are a real state, and have US Mail just like you mainlanders :) You get insurance, delivery confirmation, all of it...I really disliek when sellers will only ship to the lower 48, it is not like we are third world in Hawaii LOL! USPS is the best option. UPS is very expensive. The flat rate boxes are the best way to go!

The reason why I bring this up is the Juno tailor sent it parcel post. That goes to California, they wait for the boat to fill up, and then send it over. A flat rate large box would have been like $15, I would have happily paid for two, and it would be here in five days. Parcel will take 4-6 weeks. :angry: Patience is not a virtue that I have! <_<

Here is the best info I can share for shipping to HI:

Hawaii is the 50th state in the USA of america, shipping to buyers in Hawaii is no different than anywhere else in the 50 states, with some small exceptions:

1) priority mail is the same priority mail, just chose the zone 8 and thats it.

2) Airmail is the same airmail, but it takes 3 to 5 days.

3) Parcel post is shipping by truck and boat, yes a boat, and it takes 30 days. Items shipped by parcel post/boat usually get damaged and the boxes beat up.

4) UPS is a very expensive way to ship to Hawaii, even the ground shipping is overpriced and is considered a rip off by most people here.

5) Fedex is more reasonable, but still expensive. It comes out to 1 1/2 x the USPS priority mail rate.

6) Flat rate priority mail is one of the best things to take advantage of, its a flat rate to anywhere in the USA Take a look at the USPS website, and get their rates, it will save both sellers and buyers money.

If shipping by USPS flat rate, you can use wadded and balled up newspaper without worrying about the weight, wadded and balled up newspaper makes for excellent padding and packing, use lots!

One of the best deals is the 11 1/2x 8 1/2x 5 1/2 size box, the limit is that you can fill it up to 70 lbs. The 11 1/2 x 8 1/2 x 5 box is perfect for shipping many things, and costs around $9.20

7) Tracking is required by paypal if you get into a dispute with someone, if you do not have a tracking number, you lose the dispute, this is for shipping anywhere, not just Hawaii.

Sellers that state continental US only, and 48 states should consider that adding that to their auction only limits profits and is a bad practice.

If you sell something to someone, its out of your hands when you hand it over to the postal carrier or shipping company...........its out of you hands! There is no difference where it goes to in the USA??? Once you ship and its gone, and its a done deal.

If there is a problem with the item, its usually always the buyer that has to pay to send it back to the seller.

I usually like to make insurance required when I ship things out, because things dont come back if it gets broken in transit.

Using the services of a drop off packing and shipping service is a bad idea to ship to any where, they will gouge you, so dont use them, or pass that cost onto the buyer! The people that work there dont know that shipping to Hawaii by parcel post is 30 days, they will quote what they know from the book they have, they will say 5 to 9 days, which is completely false.

Do NOT use parcel post for Hawaii.........unless you have to.

Put yourself in the position of the person that just bought something from you, and now they have to wait 30 days, and possibly receive damaged goods! Some people knowingly ship parcel post to save a couple of bucks, they dont consider emailing the buyer and asking what they want to do.

If you use regular priority mail and "your own" box exceeds the length in size, it will dramatically raise the price to nearly double. I had someone send something in a box 14" x 16" x 12" and they had to pay for oversize.............I had recommended them to ship flat rate!

The flat rate envelope trick:

I use this if the item is small and heavy and can fit into the flat rate envelope. I get a "video sized" box or bigger from USPS, fill it up and then put it into a flat rate envelope. I then reinforce the envelope with clear tape so the envelope does not burst. I believe the maximum wieght you can ship with the envelope is 70 pounds and its less than $5 (right now).

Argh. Getting things shipped to HI is very very frustrating at times. Nothing can make me lose all my Aloha like trying to get something mailed here.

Apropos of this post... I was buying something from a guy on forum.501stsithlords.com today and he ended up charging me $5 more for shipping to HI. It was fair thing to do and he felt bad but that's just the way it goes. I was telling him about how much I want to reach through the phone and choke someone from Amazon. There are whole categories at Amazon they won't even ship here. Diapers for a timely example. I tried to sign up for Amazon Prime (the free shipping club they have). Amazon was happy to take my yearly fee, but then still charged me shipping to HI. I tried to order something from a website recently that did't even list AK and HI in the address web form.... which is common.

A friend in NYC sent me a couple boxes parcel post. Not only did it arrive 6 weeks later, but the boxes were beat to hell. I can't agree more with Julie. Do not ship anything you care about parcel post here.

Priority mail is the most reliable way to send something to Hawai'i. It's even more reliable than FedEx or UPS. Rarely will UPS send anything to the Big Island overnight. They'll charge you overnight but it typically takes 2 days. Anything sent FedEx from the west coast will come overnight here but typically 2 day from the east coast. I once had a package come from Canada, hit the Honolulu customs hub and was promptly sent to China for no good reason.

The priority flat rate boxes are the best and arrive quickly and without hassle. Scuba diving lead is stupidly expensive here on island. I had a friend buy some for me in Seattle and stuff it into a flat rate box and it saved me tons of money. We've made other friends and family go to Trader Joe's for us and stuff a flat rate box full of goodies and it still comes out to be a good deal.

Hawai'i is the most like living in a different country you can get without requiring a passport.

With Aloha,

-Eric

Just an FYI for everyone out there:

Shipping to Hawaii is not that hard, we are a real state, and have US Mail just like you mainlanders :) You get insurance, delivery confirmation, all of it...I really disliek when sellers will only ship to the lower 48, it is not like we are third world in Hawaii LOL! USPS is the best option. UPS is very expensive. The flat rate boxes are the best way to go!

The reason why I bring this up is the Juno tailor sent it parcel post. That goes to California, they wait for the boat to fill up, and then send it over. A flat rate large box would have been like $15, I would have happily paid for two, and it would be here in five days. Parcel will take 4-6 weeks. :angry: Patience is not a virtue that I have! <_<

Here is the best info I can share for shipping to HI:

Eric feels my pain! B) I was actually delighted to find my box waiting for me when I got home tonight! It was all beaten up, but the Juno was soft stuff and it all made it OK. Like anything, it will need some tweaks before I can apply for 501st. It is pretty good start though! I have to get cleaned up after work, and I will take some test shots to share!

And I have something else (TOP SECRET) in the works! Did I mention red is my fav color? B)

Here is my test fit! The gloves are too big, the sleeves are too long. In the the end shots I tried rolling them up. I will take the Jacket in and get them chopped 3/4 length!

I know this is a TK board, but many of you 501st guys and gals know a lot! PLEASE give me your honest feedback, I am serious about making this a top of the line Juno!

dscn1761b.th.jpg

dscn1759v.th.jpg

dscn1758t.th.jpg

dscn1757wq.th.jpg

dscn1756r.th.jpg

dscn17550.th.jpg

dscn17540.th.jpg

dscn1751.th.jpg

dscn1752p.th.jpg

dscn1753w.th.jpg

Edited by Femtrooper Julie

I've met the real Juno and she's one of the most naturally pretty girls I've met

All the other girls were like 'she's not even wearing makeup, the cow' lol

I think you look fantastic :) very nice costume for a girl to do

I like your rank bar :)

Can't make out if the caps are square or rectangular?

190px-Juno_fullbody.jpg

Juno here, from fu1 has a longer more covered tunic?

Covers her hips and her wrists

I've not played fu2 so can't comment on your look for that one

I think you look great but this covered version looks very smat and sexy and you want to know what's underneath :)

Edited by john danter

No the lady who did her voice and who's face was scanned for the game

She's a simple soap model and acts in films too

Nathalie Cox. Very nice girl fair play

I knew what you meant. Lovely looking lass.

You did a great job, and I think should be an easy pass.

I'd say the rank badge may be the only issue, as it was for this other excellent Juno.

nuevaimagenu.jpg

Nathalie Cox? Yup, +1 to what you gents say - the best looking women look great w/o makeup.

I knew what John meant, the real Juno is a hottie! In FUI, she is mainly shown in the Rogue Shadow pilot version. Proxy shows her formal version from the database. I want that look too, it would just be a new jacket, I have the rest! In FU2 she has gone rebel, and has more of a Han Solo vibe going on...I like that look too, but I am loyal to the Empire :)

Here is her pilot look on the game:

Rogue_Shadow_crew.jpg

I am going to get some gloves and work on the sleeves, then get some great quality pics for you guys! (and the 501st GML!)

Julie

I found some really small gloves on E-bay, they should match the CRL fine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320618634894&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:1123

I also ordered the amber and red rank bars from the 501st source :) With that and shortening the sleeves, I should be set! The belt needs broken in a bit to fit me better. It is just stiff. I wore it around all day last night, maybe I will wear it out this weekend :)

I also ordered a Hasbro D-44 to paint up as a prop!

Once it is all sorted out I have a makeup artist friend (I am not as naturally gorgeous as the "real" Juno!), and I know some pro photographers. I should be able to get some great shots with it!