My version of the Sonix Victory 75

I'm not sure if a Heavy Weapons Trooper radio is the same as a TD but here is what I did for my TD back pack. Maybe it will help you all if you want to make a radio for your pack.

I stated with Post Office mailer box that was just about the right size. I had to cut it down just a little. Then I covered it with aluminum tape to give it some strength.

I then started cutting the pieces out by using plastic signs. I glued them all to the box and then drilled the details and added little nails.

I used the bottom of a aluminum can for the dial detail and cut the lens cover out of a cd case. The dials are from pill bottles and 5 hr. power drinks. I heated up the biggest dial and pushed the smaller one down on it to give it some depth.

The main speaker design was created by gluing the template to the plastic then cutting it out like a sun shape and added a 35 mm can cap in the center and separated the plastic to give it the desired shape. (Soaked it in mineral spirits to remove the paper from the plastic.)

Primed it and painted it, added some small details,weathering and there you go. Oh and I added a broken antenna and the side jacks just for the fun of it.

Sorry I didn't take pictures as I went along, when I get into a project i tend to just role with it.

I used these plans. Here Thanks apeers.

well i hope this give you all some ides of what might work. I do plan on making another one and more accurate as I can.

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

I also added a mP3 player that has the Trooper chatter on it. Then I attached the whole thing with industrial velcro to the pack.

IMG_1051.jpg

Edited by Obievon

That is amazing work! It is so amazing I think I would go the next step and paint out the dial and the green Sonix sticker, more like the originals. I know this would hide some of the incredible detail that you have included but somehow that would make it even cooler that you painted it.

does it work :P nice job B)

Well Yes (in a way). I put a mp3 player and a amp in it. I play a modified version of the 501st Sandtrooper loop. I also put a small LED inside the dial that lights up. It looks pretty cool in a darker room or at night. The sound adds a neat effect.

Oh and 89Batman, I do plan on making another more accurate radio. This was just a trial run. I have figured out what I need to do next time. Thanks for all the complements I hope this gives someone else a idea.

• 5 months later...

that is BRILLIANT!

and dude if you make another one I'll buy this one! i absolutely love it! how much??? LOL

Edited by Dargas