Aker Amp Storage

Well it will be just a little while before I will be using my Aker Amp again. Question is do I drain the battery down to nothing by leaving it on? Charge it fully then store it? What do you all do? I bought it second hand (no instructions), Love the Heck out of it and I would like to keep it in top shape for the next troop.

Rom/FX and a Aker ....what a great combo!!

Well it will be just a little while before I will be using my Aker Amp again. Question is do I drain the battery down to nothing by leaving it on? Charge it fully then store it? What do you all do? I bought it second hand (no instructions), Love the Heck out of it and I would like to keep it in top shape for the next troop.

Rom/FX and a Aker ....what a great combo!!

Simply answer is leave it charged. The Lithium batteries can take it. When new, they come pre-charged. If you need some instructions email me at Familyjim72@yahoo.com

Lithum batteries aren't like the old Nicads or NIMH. You don't need to drain them down every time (RC car racers drain their NIMH batteries down before charging to get maximum power).

I charge mine the night before each troop. I don't want it to drain just in case. There's been a few times where I have done 2 troops over 2 days, and forgot to charge it. Still worked just fine being on the whole time. :)