Is a M19 a suitable scope for ANH EIB?

SamJ

I was wondering if a M19 would be suitable for a ANH EIB blaster? It was seen on the Tantive IV and the blaster apparently has all the other EIB requirements but I was unsure of whether the correct style scope encompassed this as well as the 1942 M38.

Thanks

I believe that the M 19 was used in ANH and ESB for the E-11

it was used on the resin stunt in ESB as well as the standard e-11.

usually the m 19 was not with the hengstler, as the hengstler itself was also not on all blasters

in the first 2 films in the OT.

the ESB london prop store version, as well as the resin cast version used by snowtroopers has the M19.

take a look at the blaster photos in my signature.

when you look at the EIB requirements it mentions "correct style scope" and has power cells and hengstler as

'must have' listings.

it looks like there could be some re-thinking here on this area of the requirements.

not all blasters in ANH, nor even in the hands of the principal actors always had those elements in place.

handguard styles, and blaster configurations changed during different scenes in ANH

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Yep, the EIB requirements I read just state 'correct style scope' and seeing as I'm torn between TK and CC for my next costume build and need an ANH blaster so thought there was no harm in asking what that actually encompassed. I understand why I need wires, cylinders and a counter as this way there is nothing 'missing'. However, regardless of which scope I use nothing would be missing and I much prefer the M19 to the M38 and both are correct.

Did I just answer my own question...?

Edited by SamJ

Whilst I have a M32 in a drawer I would never put it on a trooping blaster. However, I'd like to use a resin casting and put the real one on a Sterling when my wallet recovers a bit.

Edited by SamJ

Whilst I have a M32 in a drawer I would never put it on a trooping blaster. However, I'd like to use a resin casting and put the real one on a Sterling when my wallet recovers a bit.

my sterling is my trooping blaster at this point. some time i'll have to make up a lighter one, but when i have the "real deal" it's hard to settle for a resin one :)