How to build up your new armour to be screen accurate

Hi everyone, I built up my armour last January, I read all available info on here and asked my local garrison Stormtroopers lots of questions but still managed to make a few common mistakes. Having since spent a lot more time looking out for new tips on the build up and now being asked for advice , what about a new thread, complete, with the latest finds and ideas how it all should go together. New guys will do what we all did and look through all the ideas that members post up, be it very accurate advice or not! I can see that most recently a lot of new , more accurate ideas have come to light. Is there an accurate build how to in the works for oldies and newbies, thanks.

Hi John ,

Welcome to the FISD my fellow country man :D , it sounds a great idea but iam preety sure Mark (firebladejedi) put a thread up of how to build your armour screen accurate but i dont think it got pinned will have to find out i know when i was building mine for EIB status i followed Marks thread very usefull for the screen accuracy.

What you are describing is exactly what the Academy site is for: www.whitearmor.net/home/

Anyone is free to propose content to Terry (PandaTrooper).

The issue with threads is that as noted they get stale over time. Thus the Academy should have the latest info, with links to relevant build threads on the forum.

Does that make sense?

Hi John ,

Welcome to the FISD my fellow country man :D , it sounds a great idea but iam preety sure Mark (firebladejedi) put a thread up of how to build your armour screen accurate but i dont think it got pinned will have to find out i know when i was building mine for EIB status i followed Marks thread very usefull for the screen accuracy.

Hi Stephen, yes I thought Mark's post was great, he shared it with the Emerald Garrison and it has been very helpful to us over here.It is the smaller details that I am now very obsessed about, this plastic wearing is very addictive.Your new armour is on another level, this is what I am talking about.

What you are describing is exactly what the Academy site is for: www.whitearmor.net/home/

Anyone is free to propose content to Terry (PandaTrooper).

The issue with threads is that as noted they get stale over time. Thus the Academy should have the latest info, with links to relevant build threads on the forum.

Does that make sense?

Yes it does Paul, it is just that I have been going square eyed here for the last while and reading old and new how to posts, it appears there are lots of helpful folks , with the best intentions, giving inaccurate ways of doing stuff, which I am sure if the new guy follows will be unhappy with the result. Yes the Academy has the latest ways and without this site my armour would have been a nightmare, thankyou for that, this is just an idea that I selfishly would like to see. Like most folk here, we want to make things as good as possible, thanks.

Hi John,

Yes this screen accuracy is very additive and that is what we are trying to strive for and its great to see alot of troopers following down this road of how it was all was back in the day B) , where abouts in the UK are you John? .

Hi John,

Yes this screen accuracy is very additive and that is what we are trying to strive for and its great to see alot of troopers following down this road of how it was all was back in the day B) , where abouts in the UK are you John? .

Hi Stephen, I live in Bangor, pretty close to Belfast,so unfortunately we are unlikely to be trooping together much, maybe I wouldn't want to stand too close to you anyway lol. I mainly troop as a Biker Scout,but just love the Stormtrooper kit, it is hard to decide which to wear, so I always bring both! Yes , the standard of TK builds now is at a super high level and I can't get enough of it.

Hey guys, just offer some insight. What I'd like to see happen with the academy, is have content that's kind of tiered in terms of detail.

Eg: "Here's how strapping is done".

A: In the films, they used these bent wires, and elastic... etc. etc. here's some links to Stukatroopers / Firebladejedis build, you can see that they replicated this... etc. etc. This is the most screen accurate method, etc.

B: Another method is snap plates. This method is effective because.... etc. etc.

C: Heavy duty velcro also works. It's the most cost effective, and it's good because... etc. Depending on how it's applied, it might have issues in the area of...

Does that make sense?

I'm still working to have all armor sections completed by the end of the year. At least getting the base content in for coverage. Then updating and refining it as described above.

I think the last few years have been great for those in the hobby, as new things are discovered, etc. Hopefully this info will help not only those that want to be screen accurate, but also those that just want to learn how the original stuff was done, etc.

Hey John are you the same that is making that super nice TB lid

Hi Steve, yes I am that guy, it is a bit slow at the minute but I hope to get back to it soon, enjoying the TK too much.

Hey guys, just offer some insight. What I'd like to see happen with the academy, is have content that's kind of tiered in terms of detail.

Eg: "Here's how strapping is done".

A: In the films, they used these bent wires, and elastic... etc. etc. here's some links to Stukatroopers / Firebladejedis build, you can see that they replicated this... etc. etc. This is the most screen accurate method, etc.

B: Another method is snap plates. This method is effective because.... etc. etc.

C: Heavy duty velcro also works. It's the most cost effective, and it's good because... etc. Depending on how it's applied, it might have issues in the area of...

Does that make sense?

Absolutely!

A: Screen-accurate approach - replicate as close as you can even if it's not the most sturdy

B: Sturdy approach - replicate the fastening points but use more secure materials (hidden on the inside) for sturdier build

C: Budget approach - quick and easy, not necessarily replicating any fastening points or methods but sturdy enough

Three approaches, all perfectly valid with different advantages and disadvantages.