Applying Decals

Does anyone have some good tricks for applying stickers. I just bought replacements for my bucket and I'm having some problems trying to prevent them from creasing. I'm using Windex so I have time to move them around to get them properply placed, but I'm having a hard time with the darn creases :angry: . This is where I got them.

LINK Removed as broken and leads nowhere

Edited by Sly11
Edited to remove old link that no longer existed.

wcso911 said:
Does anyone have some good tricks for applying stickers. I just bought replacements for my bucket and I'm having some problems trying to prevent them from creasing. I'm using Windex so I have time to move them around to get them properply placed, but I'm having a hard time with the darn creases :angry: . This is where I got them.

Jim they come with the two pieces of paper for both sides correct? Have you tried using a credit card to smooth in down? That is all I can offer for bro.

Aside from getting your wife to do it? I was able to get most of mine out by smoothing from the top down with a credit card. My wife got out the little ones left by slowly and repeatedly applying pressure with her finger in an outwards motion.

Alright, thanks guys. No damage yet, I was able to pull the one I started with. I guess I'll work with a little more patience. Flat sticker, rounded surface...I thought there might more of a trick to it. :blink:

Didn't you use these on your Sandy bucket Rob? Your came out smooth right?

Alright, thanks guys. No damage yet, I was able to pull the one I started with. I guess I'll work with a little more patience. Flat sticker, rounded surface...I thought there might more of a trick to it. :blink:

Didn't you use these on your Sandy bucket Rob? Your came out smooth right?

Correct Sir! Mine came out smooth. Slow and steady wins the race, to putting on helmet stickers. :lol:

Of course for sandy if you want to be nice and accurate, you should hand paint. ;-)

(and yes, those *are* decals on my AP)

Instead of windex try soapy water. When I did my AP decals I simply took a small bowl added water & 10 or so drops of dish soap. Then I simply used my finger to apply the soapy water to the helmet, put on the decal & smoothed it downward w/a paper towel to remove excess water, help dry, & remove air bubbles.

It really worked great & was much easier than I could have imagened.

Of course for sandy if you want to be nice and accurate, you should hand paint. ;-)

(and yes, those *are* decals on my AP)

You should see me paint, it wouldn't even help if they had numbers. :lol: That is why I got my stickers from a certain detachment leader(proposed) who is selling his TD. ;)