TK Blasters out in public spaces

Hey Troops,

I'm almost done with my first build!! Can't wait to premiere it on Halloween. Just wondering about the blaster. I'm in Los Angeles. Will I have trouble with the police or security at bars/clubs with this fake gun? I've seen people at the cons put orange tape on the tips. Is that all I need or should I just leave it at home for the night?

put orange tape on the front, and carry it.

no big deal.

I would holster it, and then take it out for photos.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Mots "clubs" and parties where I live do not allow weapons of any kind. I remember I had some friends that dressed as SWAT guys, and had their toys guns held at the bar, etc. or not allowed in at all.

one group dressed as "Kill Bill" and the Uma Thurman girl and the guys in suits / masks (Crazy 88's) had their kiddie plastic and foam blade ninja swords taken. It's all in the name of safety. All it takes is some drunk guy to start spinning a wooden stick around, and someone is going to lose an eye.

I've trooped at the bar with the E-11, no problem.

everyone wants to look it over... whenever you carry a blaster with a real scope, it gets more attention

than the armor. and everyone wants to try on the helmet...

it's a costume. and pirates, and axes and lightsabres are always fun.

I live in a college town, so it's always understood when you have a stormtrooper helmet, with a blaster.

only time I've ever been asked was at san francisco, where the policeman at the door thought it was real.

(paint does wonders.)

when I told him it was a solid plastic pipe, he was shocked to see that indeed it was. then he complimented me

on it, and checked it over with admiration.