New to Costuming

Guest jedislayer5000

Guest jedislayer5000

i am brand new to costuming and am wanting to purchase a full set of stormtrooper armor without having to pay 1600 dollars or something like that for it since i am 18 and currently unemployed i dont have alot of money lol... i came across this set on ebay, it must be assembled by the person who buys it and while i have no experience in this kind of thing my dad is a carpenter so i know he can help with sanding or painting and help me out with assembling it, i live in Victoria, BC Canada. Heres the armor and also i will be purchasing a helmet separatley from efx, their 30th anniversary stormtrooper helmet, OR if i can find one, a master replicas ANH "stunt" helmet, which i know are hard to come by but i would rather that than the empire one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

maker of things

That maker of "things" has already been discussed numerous times on this forum. Please take a look around at the previous posts. Take your time to learn about the different armor makers. This hobby by all means is not one to rush into. As much we'd love to have you join our ranks we want you to purchase a quality set of armor.

The search buttons works, I swear by it :)

thanks for the responses guys i checked out the links and theyre a great help :) i just didnt know where to start, so many forum topics hehe

You started at the beginning... it's where we all started, so you did it right. ;)

Hi Brandon. Sorry to sidetrack, but if you're interested in joining the 501st Legion, please make sure to register on your local garrison. You are in Victoria, which means you would be a member of the same squad I am in, the Outer Rim Squad within the Badlands garrison.

You will probably meet a few fellow local members on the Island there. They just recently held an event at a charity toy show / food drive, and they are also planning to be attending Sidney Sparkles parade. Again, you should sign up on your local garrison forum for more info.

Anyways, welcome aboard! Make sure to read those getting started links above, and hopefully you can troop in Vancouver some day. :)

Guest jedislayer5000

Hi Brandon. Sorry to sidetrack, but if you're interested in joining the 501st Legion, please make sure to register on your local garrison. You are in Victoria, which means you would be a member of the same squad I am in, the Outer Rim Squad within the Badlands garrison.

You will probably meet a few fellow local members on the Island there. They just recently held an event at a charity toy show / food drive, and they are also planning to be attending Sidney Sparkles parade. Again, you should sign up on your local garrison forum for more info.

Anyways, welcome aboard! Make sure to read those getting started links above, and hopefully you can troop in Vancouver some day. :)

hey there panda, i was just reading a post you made about the armor you made, it looks excellent! and thanks i will have a look into that, nice to meet a fellow canadian :)

hey there panda, i was just reading a post you made about the armor you made, it looks excellent! and thanks i will have a look into that, nice to meet a fellow canadian :)

I'll say this man... you couldn't be in league with a better guy than Terry! B)

Oh, and welcome!

(I never actually said that...) :P

Guest jedislayer5000

I'll say this man... you couldn't be in league with a better guy than Terry! B)

Oh, and welcome!

(I never actually said that...) :P

hehe good to know, and thank you :)

I purchased from this guy a longgggg time ago.. so I have that same set of armor same as you... I didnt find the FISD until after the fact.. I have recently boxed that set up and purchased a set from one of the armor suppliers you can find on here...