What are these?

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would happen to know what these are?

http://home.wowway.com/~cushmanpaintball/Replicas_Star_Wars.html

I found them a while back and I have no idea if they're well known, completely unknown, a rip off, a steal, I just have no clue. Any info you guys could give me would be very helpful.

Thanks, Conner

That’s Cushman Paintball. They’ve been around for a while, they are not new. They make vac formed “shells†of weapons for paintball, etc. and branched out into other vac form weapons for reenactment, etc. They happen to make some of the SW based weapons because they were based on old WWII weapons.

Most of the feedback on them has been:

- Lightweight weapon, good for trooping

- Looks good from 20 feet away, but not up close

- very soft vac form pulls

- poor trimming / seams

- bad service

- bad communication

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my old crummy Cushman DLT-19...

DLT19_V1_Studio.jpg

Looks good close up too. I have pics at 3,000 pixels wide.

They will only look as good as the skills used to assemble them. If a person can assemble a suit of TK armor, a person could make a Cushman look OK.

Here is the mediocre MG-15...

MG15CRL.jpg

But, the scratchbuilt MG-15 versions, with the PVC pipes with hand carved pistol grips... and cans with corrugated styrene which take 20-30 hours to make... they are something to look at. The Cushman weapons can be made in a day, detailed the next day. AND, the do not break like resin, and they travel in luggage, and weigh 3 pounds.

Two perspectives for you to review. Avoid resin... it is truly fragile. If you have the bucks, get the Sci-Fire. They look great. If you travel, get their E-11, since the DLT-19 and T-21 won't go into luggage.

Good luck.

Lots of people dis Cushman but I've had some great success with 3 of his guns so far.

They're vac formed over a real gun so obviously aren't as sharp as a cast would be.......BUt

With a bit of skill and forward thinking you can turn his soft curves into sharp lines with a few angular files :)

Example of my DLT20A from his vac form of an STG44

P6080280.jpg

P6080285.jpg

P6080286.jpg

dlt20a.jpg

This would be the same Cushmans that a respected member of the 501st has just had to get the US authorities to chase in order to get the items he paid for (he asked for a refund , as offered on their web page, but they refused).

The same Cushmans that has changed the delivery times on its web site to prevent prosecution/persecution for extreme late delivery.

One word:

AVOID!!!