6' 3" Costume help!

Hey guys,

I recently just joiend my nearby Garrison here in Virginia (Tyranus), and originally I was looking into assembling my own TK armor from a kit. Much to my dismay, however, the TK armor they said would leave a lot of black gaps in between the armor, which was something I really wanted to be taken care of. So here I am! I am looking to have some sort of armor, but I am looking for something that would be able to accomodate my height/ weight (of course I'm pretty skinny too). Maybe the clone trooper? Biker scout? Any suggestions would be great guys, Thanks.

Will

Im 6'3, and I have just "finished" an AP kit it it fits fine.......i did have to add shims because I am 200 lbs. It all depends on your body type. I have a long torso, and not so long limbs, so it works for me. My suggestion is to measure your body, then look for measurements of various armors.

I do not own the kit, but TM works well for taller people so I have been told. I am 6' and I own AP, and I can tell that if I were any taller I would be stretching the pieces apart a bit, especially at the knees. Having some space between the pieces is not necessarily a bad thing though, and with a little readjustment I think a 6'3" person could make AP work for them. Are you tall guy in the torso or in the legs?

Hi Will - glad you made it over here. :)

What I told you on the garrison board still applies, but here you'll get even more feedback.

As is our custom, please post an introductory thread in the Getting Started

Thanks.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Will - Have a read in this forum as there is a tonne of information and it'll help answer your question.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

RT is another option for tall guys. The reality is...it depends. We've had people 6'4" make TE armor work. At the end of the day the black gaps are really only in the legs especially around the knee area, and there is not much for it as most of the armor makes are pretty much the same in the length of the legs. Otherwise, the "black gap" is really not an issue that I'm aware of.

ELP,

Would it help if I took measurements of myself like the ones you shared in the thread you posted? I am nothing near 200lbs by any means, probably because I am only 18 and am still filling in. Not to mention I'm on the college volleyball team, but the point is that I am not sure how I would be able to pull off a TK suit without some major adjustments, and I am afraid that the adjustments will alter the look of the armor so much that when I put it on it iwll look awkward on me. Are there websites for the makers you guys have suggested? AM, TE, RT, TM?

There really aren't websites for them, but I would suggest browsing through the EIB threads to see full kits assembled in the proper way. It may take some digging, but you will soon find out, any information about TK suits requires a lot of digging. AM is a good kit, but as I am sure many others will tell you, it requires a lot of tweaking and a new helmet if you want to go for EIB with it.

• 1 month later...

I'm a hair under 6'2", and can wear just about any armor makers gear. AM is larger, but so is RT-Mod. There are pictures somewhere around here of CMAnavy who is 6'4" and was 260-280lbs and worked TE2 to fit him.

On 12/10/2010 at 3:37 PM, BlueGrot said:

I'm 6'3", 187lbs. So from this thread I gather that AM is a good choice?

AM (A.K.A. Tupperware and RT-Mod are made to accommodate the big and tall. The more acurate size armor (ATA, TE2, AP, Cap-W, TM, ect...) were made for a man (5'10" about 160LBS.) but I have seen some that are 6'1" wearing the more acurate size (but with a bit more of the black undersuit showing up between the armor parts).

Also, here are some pix from RT-Mod's site. RT's armor is on the right.----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed