E6000

tmcp51d

They are similar, but E6000 has the potential for a more permanent bond when applied to both sides, allowed to set, and pressure on the join. E6000 is also a bit thinner, easier to smear into a nice layer.

Stick with E6000, it is tried and tested among all of us.

both glues are similar forms of silicon polymer epoxy, i used automotive goop on my build for all of the flexible parts and then some (primarily because e6000 took too long to dry and i am impatient) i also tested the bonding of goop against the e6000 before i assembled and they seemed about the same ;) IMHO goop is superior for its faster dry time, i ended up giving my tube of E6000 away to someone overseas :D ... also, you can add a tiny bit of superglue to goop and it makes for a super strong fast drying flexible bond, i did that on my shin parts for extra strength (i used gorilla brand super glue) and they are rock solid... but just be sure to get the parts clamped quickly it dries really fast... i will use this same method on my next kit for sure.

but this is just my personal opinion :rolleyes:

oh, i forgot to mention that when i tested the E6000 vs goop that the E6000 actually softened the HIPS scrap i used , and it was slightly deformed after clamping. it may be fine for ABS but i would use it sparingly on HIPS

Edited by dashrazor

clamping pressure, and e-6000 and hips styrene plastic are very sensitive to the heat generated during the cure

time for the glue. it does soften hips, if you apply a lot across the surface. when dry, e-6000 acts like a

cross between epoxy, and rubber cement. it can be removed after it's cured.

part of the reason why lot's of troopers use e-6000 is for it's flexibility under stress, and it's

ability to be removed for a clean edge.

How long should you keep the armor clamped? In other words how long does it take for E6000 to become strong enough to remove the clamps?

What I do is get all of the pieces trimmed to my liking then glue them at the same time. I let it set over night and then I remove the clamps. I believe a good set time is like 8hrs. It's best to let them cure as long as you can just to make sure of a good bond.

Buy lots of clamps and use painters tape (3m Blue). I got my clamps at Harbor Freight, great prices.

Well that is what I do........

What I do is get all of the pieces trimmed to my liking then glue them at the same time. I let it set over night and then I remove the clamps. I believe a good set time is like 8hrs. It's best to let them cure as long as you can just to make sure of a good bond.

Buy lots of clamps and use painters tape (3m Blue). I got my clamps at Harbor Freight, great prices.

Well that is what I do........

Hey thanks, I appreciate it.