Finally got my AP![*AP]

Congrats Jason! Take your time with your build. Measure four times, cut once. Take lots of pix and post them as often as you can :duim:

Ā 

Also: Basic tools needed for armour building

Ā 

Have Fun man!!!

The instructions included are for an overlap, so if you're going for ANH follow stuka's build that DarkTrooper posted. Also, they recommend velcro strapping system, but a snap system is much better, a tutorial can be found here

Ā 

The velcro included isn't very strong, go to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy some industrial strength, it also comes in white.

Ā 

Good luck!

Technically, you don't "need" to add a return to anything unless you're trimming the part past it's original shape. The AP kits have shins and thighs that don't line up very well. You can assemble the kit without the need to use a heat sealing iron, a lot of people do it. But if you want to trim it and do a return, that's optional.

Ā 

You can also pretty much assemble the whole kit first and then do the returns last if you need to.

Ā 

Stukatrooper's build is a great guide to follow, but there are several troopers who have built AP's without need to do any heating / returns. Just browse through the build threads.

Ā 

Ā 

Hey Jason something is wrong with your post/photobucket pic. :huh: Don't ya just love computers....

Ā 

hanvspc.jpg

As Terry said, you don't "technically" need a heat gun. I didn't use one at all on my build and just used torque and rare earth magnets. Most parts already have return so unless you're doing some serious trimming you should be fine.

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

Ā 

Getting ready to start trimming to size. Problem is I can't figure out which arm is which as far as the forearms and bicep/tricep pieces.

Ā 

Can someone offer some advice?

Ā 

Ā 

That is TK-Gabe and his almost finished E-11.

Edited by jjliver

• 3 weeks later...

The arms on the AP kit are identical. They are both right arm sets.

Ā 

has anyone trimmed the angle part on the bicep pieces so the left arm looks the smae as the right? I was going to trim them to match them up some more but was wondering if this was a no-no.

Ā 

any thoughts guys?

• 3 weeks later...