Detachment Naming Contest - take two!

Daetrin

Detachment Naming Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the top contenders

• Tantive IV Assault Detachment (TFAD)
    • 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Division
    • Advance Assault Division "White Lightning"
    • Vader's troopers, Mean and Clean. (VTMC)
    • Rapid Assault Imperial Detachment (RAID)
    • First Encounter Assault Regiment (FEAR)

OK guys: the command staff and I had an "executive runoff" election and the six choices above made the cut.

This is your detachment - choose wisely. :D

Sorry I didn't mention it sooner, but I personally think it's confusing to have a Detachment name that also represents itself as another type of unit (i.e. Division, Regiment). It's like saying "The 501st Legion Squad" or "The Northern Garrison Outpost"...not trying to sway votes here, but just something to think about.

We already have some 501st units with names like this which are misleading: Southern Outpost (actually a Garrison), Outpost 42 (actually a Garrison), Jolly Roger Squadron (actually a Detachment), Brazilian Division (actually a Garrison?)...I could go on... :(

I personally like just "1st Imperial Stormtroopers". 1st can also be a reference to the i logo on the 501st elite clonetroopers and tie the two groups together, both in the reference to the 501st as well as the story of TK's being descendents of CT's.

Nah, it's not too late at all. We're Imperial after all, and if I really wanted to I could declare it by fiat.

Any objections? Speak or hold your piece until after we're official.

Throw in one more addition, however its going to have a tough climb up with an ongoing vote... Or, we save that name (I like it) for other stuff like for a t-shirt, etc...

Thx, Ed

Considering that today is the last day of the poll and that "1st Imperial Stormtrooper Division" is the clear favorite, I say we have a winner.