Star Wars Movie inaccuracies!

Femtrooper Julie

it's not really an inaccuracy, but it's a continuity issue for me; where in the hell did han and luke have their clothes when they were disguised as stormtroopers? they magically appear in their regular, dry clothes once they escape the trash compactor. now, i can kinda believe that they just wore their clothes under the trooper body glove, but their boots? for some reason, this never occurred to me until last year or so and it's been bothering me ever since.

I've always wondered about the armor over the clothes, too. I remember reading somewhere (may have been here, can't remember) where someone suggested that maybe the body suit was kind of like those vacuum freezer bags. Maybe the suit deflates to a larger size when taken off and when put back on it shrinks up really tight. I could go with that line of thinking for the suit over their clothes but, yeah, the boots are a whole other thing all together.....

For that matter- why did they even change back into their civies after getting out of the trash compactor anyway? They were still deep in enemy territory. Wouldn't it have been safer to stay in disguise? I know they left their helmets in the detention block but still-- some camoflauge is better than none. I mean they were back in the Falcon just a little bit later anyway. I wonder what George's justification for that was? Why not just leave them in the armor until they got back on the ship? Maybe just to keep them more identifiable to the audience?

Sorry, didn't mean to thread hijack..... :o

Edited by Laspector

it's not really an inaccuracy, but it's a continuity issue for me

Yup, that's what many are. Lucas was way behind schedule and over budget, and audiences didn't really notice such things at the time. Heck, I don't remember most any of these when I was 9.

My worst experience was watching Top Gun with someone who had been in one of the aircraft (RIO = radar intercept officer) that was used in filming. Almost every shot has something technically wrong with it.

Oh - and never watch a movie like Lethal Weapon with a real police officer either. :-p

They missed the one where the officer calls for TK-421 and its Luke who taps his head like is com is broken. If you look closely he has a thermal detonator on, but when he comes up to the control room its the grappling hook.

Oh - and never watch a movie like Lethal Weapon with a real police officer either. :-p

and never watch a military based film with an active or ex-service member. my favorite current trend are how badly the army berets are worn by the actors, well, that and the consistently non-regulation hair styles worn; particularly by the female actors. a perfect example of how just about every aspect of the rmy is improperly portrayed was Home of the Brave. it was impossible to watch.