FX Ebay armor. maybe ?

I know that I have been warned about buying FX armor off ebay....but it seems that most of these kits

are coming out of England and are generally selling right around $300 with about $100 for shipping.

I'm handy enough to trim and assemble. This seems to be the least expensive way for me to get into some

armor - unless anyone knows of other alternatives that I haven't been able to find yet. I've been reading

sooo much over the last few days that it is all blurring together.

Here's a link:------------

Worth it or should I keep searching ?

6'2" 210 for sizing reference.

I had originally planned to get RT-mod armor, but have yet been able to contact him.

Any 2 cents appreciated.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

On 9/26/2010 at 11:32 PM, juanverde said:

I know that I have been warned about buying FX armor off ebay....but it seems that most of these kits

are coming out of England and are generally selling right around $300 with about $100 for shipping.

I'm handy enough to trim and assemble. This seems to be the least expensive way for me to get into some

armor - unless anyone knows of other alternatives that I haven't been able to find yet. I've been reading

Here's a link-----------

Worth it or should I keep searching.

I had originally planned to get RT-mod armor, but have yet been able to contact him.

Any 2 cents appreciated.

real FX armor is no longer made. that guy, from what i hear, is some recaster making really crappy armor. steer clear from it.

The maker of FX is now making AM armor. it is a nice kit at a good price. it is also good for larger troopers such as yourself.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Have you already been taking a look at this thread:----------

A lot of great alternatives are listed there and the contact informations too.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Ebay, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious.

Like it was said before, Ebay is normally inferior recast. You will end up regretting the money that you spend on it, because you will end up spending more on trying to make it right.

If you can't wait on Rob (RT-Mod), my next suggestion would be to go with an AM lite kit. AM is the next generation to the FX. AM has sharper and has more accurate detail than the FX, especially a recast of an FX.

If you go with an AM lite kit and one of the more accurate helmets like TE2, AP, TM, ATA, Cap-W. (lite kit only means without the inaccurate lid and electronic/voice amp).

The vendors that you find here will give you a good product and good service. Just understand that this is kind of their busy time of the year and this is just their hobby, not their full time job. Just keep contacting them, they will get to you.

On 9/26/2010 at 11:32 PM, juanverde said:

Here's a link:------------

Worth it or should I keep searching ?

Any 2 cents appreciated.

First I'm pretty sure RT is on Vacation. He also works a TONNE so give him time to get back to you. He's a great guy to deal with.

Second don't go for a cheap eBay kit ... You'll end up paying more in the end.

Have a read through the Armour makers post in the "Read Here First" area and talk to those guys. If you can't afford the prices these guys are asking ... Then Save Up! It may take a while longer for you to get the kit but in the end you'll be happy you waitied. Plus the customer service you get from these guys will be, with out exageration, one million times better then an eBay vendor. Plus you've got all the build threads on this forum for all the common suits - a HUGE resource you will miss out on if you go the eBay route.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Stay away from eBay, I can't believe people still go on there then come on here and ask if it's ok....stop! lol

Either wait for a 501st member posts their stuff on the for sale boards, or get a kit from a real armor maker.

Support the real armor makers! Not lame recasted junk.

I'm done heh

Well, I went with the AM kit with the contact info obtained off this site.

Feel like a kid at Christmas.....a big 'ol 6'2" 210lb 43 year old kid. :D

Going to spend the day reading more about assembly & blasters etc.

Hooray for good decisions! We've done our job here troopers: steered another one clear of ebay armor, good work all! :salute: