Applied for new job...at Intergalactic Headquarters

tigger68

Okay, for those of you who know me, I've been looking for full-time employment and have been for a while. Well, this week I decided to update my resume and reformat it and post it on Monster.com. That day, a recruiter for a healthcare software company emailed me (probably just a form email anyway, their search engine hit my resume and found keywords I'm sure) and said I might be a good match for one of their jobs.

So I decided to research the company. It is in Wisconsin. I'm not a big fan of the cold, but I can deal with it. Second, the garrison logo has um, a farm on it. I left Idaho to get away from the stereotype of "farm girl" even though I've never lived on one. So now I'm thinking..."do I really want to apply for this job." :huh:

Then I looked at their website and they describe the place. The first page has the corporate headquarters name.Corporate HeadquartersThen I got down to the dress code. I decided after seeing these two items that I definitely wanted to work there. Oh yeah, and they have 530 acres of land, including a still working farm...with cows. :blink:

Wish me luck in my application. After researching the job, I think I would make a great member of their team. I'll even deal with the um, cows...No'l do you think I could borrow your "cow trooper" armor? Just so I can blend in? ;)

Edited by tigger68

I went to the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Great state, great city. Loved it there and at times wish I'd never left. Hope you get it / like it!

Go for it! You did see that they even have a tree house!

applicants_place12.jpg

Yes I saw the tree house. Just wondering if there are any Ewoks around. And the slide inside the building. I'm keeping my fingers crossed right now about the job. The more I research it, the more I want to have it. Besides, I could have an office in Deneb Building, or Andromeda, or Ganymede...too bad they don't have an Outer Rim area, or Tatooine but I guess those are copyrighted. :P

I went to the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Great state, great city. Loved it there and at times wish I'd never left. Hope you get it / like it!

I'm with Daetrin, Wisconsin Rules! Yeah it's cold but so is Space right? I miss squeaky cheese curds, good frozen Custard, and Prime Quarter.

Deatrin, When did you Graduate? I graduated UW-Madison 94 from the Chem Engineering school.

Madison was warm enough I walked to class (30 minutes each way) year-round (then again, that's two sweaters + a good coat).

If you really want cold, live up in Minnesota. 40 below zero you're just cold not matter what you wear.

I graduated in 1990, B.S. in Economics. Alas, I ran out of funds to go to graduate school, something I've regretted all this time.

Go for it! You did see that they even have a tree house!

applicants_place12.jpg

1372390953_b2315ff285_o.jpg

The tree house looks more like the Wookies on Kashyyyk :dance:

Who wouldn't want to work for a company that's named, "Intergalactic Headquarters" Just right out of a galaxy far, far away....

Best of luck to you Tiffanie with the job and the move :duim:

This is going to give this thread a bump, but I just found out somr more information regarding this company. When you boot up the software and enter into the program, it says, aloud..."Jumping into Hyperspace" or at least her program was configured that way. Hmmm, there are more than one position there I should probably apply for. Perhaps hanging out with the 501st isn't a bad thing to talk about with that company... ;)

I just found out some more information regarding this company. When you boot up the software and enter into the program, it says, aloud..."Jumping into Hyperspace"

scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-design.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I didn't get the project manager/implementation consultant position I applied for. However, I am going to apply for another position with the company. At least they were nice enough to send a personal email instead of just ignoring me.

Hopefully something will open up soon.

Sorry that you didn't get the position, Tiffanie. In life, there is a reason for everything. You may not see it now, but you will later.

Don't get discouraged, just when you least expect it, something that is just right for you will come along and hit you.... It may even be that job in Hawaii that you wanted. ;)

Mike, thanks for the encouragement. I'm working on trying to find just a job right now. I'm going to keep applying at Epic, just need to take a moment to catch my breath and start over. Need to work on tailoring the resume to match exactly what they're looking for.