sr props E-11 build

im starting an sr props E-11 today, the kit seems pretty nice. its going to take a fair amount of sanding and filing to get the parts to fit nicely, but the high impact plastic seems pretty tough, now... where to fit all the electronic goodies? :D

srprops001.jpg

Have fun Mason...BTW what electronic goodies are you putting in your E11? Are you going with a Blaster Core. :Laser:

Have fun Mason...BTW what electronic goodies are you putting in your E11? Are you going with a Blaster Core. :Laser:

no, its custom diy electronics that i put together, its similar to blaster core but not as fancy or expensive ;) but it has up to 10 hard coded sounds and pulsating lights

i got the trigger and selector switches installed and attached the handle using loctite plastix bonder epoxy (great stuff BTW), i also used hot glue to gap fill and reinforce the electronics

srprops003.jpg

srprops004.jpg

Edited by dashrazor

i am lining the entire receiver with 2 sections of abs tubing to reinforce it, i marked all the areas to cut out with a sharpie.... a drywall sanding sponge works really well at smoothing out the rough parts and fitting the parts well;)

srprops006.jpgsrprops007.jpg

Edited by dashrazor

Good progress. I troop with my sr props regularly. I'm sure you already noticed, as I noticed in your first pic, the folding stock piece very easily bends and warps. Best to reinforce or replace it. The scope rail can sometimes bend slightly also. It'll be fantastic when you get the electronics rocking.

Good progress. I troop with my sr props regularly. I'm sure you already noticed, as I noticed in your first pic, the folding stock piece very easily bends and warps. Best to reinforce or replace it. The scope rail can sometimes bend slightly also. It'll be fantastic when you get the electronics rocking.

yea alot of the parts are warped as well... i just ran them under hot water to get them to fit nicely. i am reinforcing every part with sheet vinyl and epoxy , and will most likely make a new scope rail

i reinforced the magazine receiver with strips of L shaped vinyl and epoxied them in place

srprops008.jpg

i also replaced the flimsy plastic scope rail with a better one

srprops009.jpg

i also added the force feedback motor and wiring ;)

srprops010.jpg

finally done!!! i just need to glue on the t-tracks... it has force feedback, a 7 segmet led display, 2x led inside the scope (they run off solar power with a rechargeable battery) 10x blaster sounds, also the magazine adjust the pitch when pulled out (activates a slider) also the force feedback is optional so it saves battery life. ill throw up a vid when i get a chance

srprops020.jpg[srprops018.jpgsrprops015.jpgsrprops019.jpg

Nice build and good sfx

But I love the little kid who wants to play with the E-11

but soon gets the idea he wont get to touch it...lol

So he reads a book.

Good stuff, but watch your back the Jawa is watching you!

Edited by SupaTrooper

lol :D ya, i use the little one for durability testing, i just give him a blaster and let him run around with it... if anything breaks off, i reinforce it more... he is a huge star wars fan also ;) any time he hears the theme music he runs and grabs one of his lightsabers or blasters and says "sta war... sta warrrs" it is acctually quite comical

:lol: the force is strong with this one but i fear he may turn to the dark side... i just got him a rubies vader costume for halloween...

this vid of him was made last spring