Which armor is better for a bigger trooper? Read Here ...

ELP

Hello all, I'm very new to costuming or still kinda new. I've wanted to build since I was little, and have lurked through the forums since I was a teenager. I've always lacked funds, but I think I can finally start getting there at least piece by piece. I'm pretty short and stout, myself so I'm 4'11, and 175 - 190 (I need to weigh myself) I just know that it would probably be pretty difficult for someone my size at least to modify armor to that particular size. I mean I've at least seen sizes go down for people at least 5'3, so that's a good 4 inches. Any suggestions on what type of armor, or material I should get? or start with? I mean I've looked at various kits and I'm wanting to be a Heavy Weapons Trooper, and I have some things saved in some list but the kit is super important :D 

Thank you in advanced

Edited by ObsidianDonut

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

I have just finished my TX Build with an AM 2.0 Kit. Approval was given w/o any Problems regarding armor.

I am probably the Biggest Guy in Armor I have seen so far with 6'6" and around 350ish lbs.

The armor itself was no bigger problem. You have to straighten a little but thats ok.

If you feel the armor will be too short, you can cut the abdomen piece below the belt. if you use the belt you can get an extra 1-2 inches in length...

The only tough part were the thighs.... Legday was not in the imperial training I guess! ;D

If any one has questions or needs a hint. PM Me.

18641694_1334470529954752_1553980136_o.jpg

Edited by Instvogel

On 5/28/2017 at 6:29 PM, Mikeyt said:

Sadly, I just found out AM armor is no more.. I am gonna check in with RT guys about a set of armor..<br><br>

Mikey

Just a heads up Mike... TG is still producing armor...currently in the middle of a run that he is hoping to have ready by the end of August. Last time I talked to him about a month ago he said there are still kits available for purchase.

• Like 1

Heya fellas,

does anyone know if RT-Mod is still in the business of making armor? I just emailed him but wanted to ask if I should wait for a reply in the near future?

I stand at 6'0, weigh 220 lbs and I heard AM or RT are the ones I should be in contact with.

Edited by bromeo

RT is still making armor. Rob is away for work so sometimes it's a bit before he answers. Just give it some time. Both choices would work well for your build.

I must also agree with Randy, RT-Mod is still making great pieces. I always go through Rob when I need a part replaced. He is pretty quick and does great work! No experience with TG, but here only good things. 

• 3 months later...

PART					RT-MOD	AM
Length of Thighs			13	13
Length of Calves			14	14.5
Length of Bicep + Shoulder Bell		18	15
Length of Forearm			11	10.25
Circumference of forearm 		14	16
Circumference of Thigh			26	29
Circumference around Calf Muscle 	18	21.5
Circumference around Bicep Muscle	18	18.5
Waist					41	42
Cod and abdomen pieces combined height	21.5	20.5
Kidney and butt pieces combined height 	20.5	19
Chest Height 				12.5	12
Chest Width				18	24.5
Back Height				11	13.5
Back Width				16	23

This was posted back in 2011.  I know RT is on to version 7 now.

Does anybody have updated measurements AND does anybody have measurements to compare for TM armor?  (TM is a busy guy, otherwise I would ask him directly.) 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Doomtrooper1978 said:

Hello all,   I'm just getting started and this board has been a great help.   I'm about 5'11" and 265, I'm leaning toward the AM armor.  Anyone have an idea what a suit costs approximately and how do I get a hold off them.   Thanks for the help,  Glory for the Empire! 

PM sent

• 4 months later...
  • justjoseph63 changed the title to Which armor is better for a bigger trooper? Read Here ...

Hello. I'm brand new to all this and am looking for some advice, especially having read about some suppliers no longer being available or new suppliers since the original post. I'm 5'8" 200 lbs and female. So in addition to being a little wide, I have larger hips, thighs, chest, etc from being female. Does anybody have suggestions as to where I should go? I don't mind if I can't go with my first choice of costume in favour of something that fits properly. I just want to get started!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Zam said:

Hello. I'm brand new to all this and am looking for some advice, especially having read about some suppliers no longer being available or new suppliers since the original post. I'm 5'8" 200 lbs and female. So in addition to being a little wide, I have larger hips, thighs, chest, etc from being female. Does anybody have suggestions as to where I should go? I don't mind if I can't go with my first choice of costume in favour of something that fits properly. I just want to get started!

Thanks!

You could use AM or TM and RT-MOD.

All would work. I have RT because he makes his a bit bigger in scale. I think his is the bigger chestpiece of the makers. With all three you can't go wrong. Great makers.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

RWA (in the UK) produce all of their armour pieces in XL / Big Boy sizes for tall / large OTTK (and TD / TX) costumers.

Their YouTube channel has videos describing the size differences for the different sections.

XL Thighs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLyH1nb4fPQ

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVRn2tAvoig

XL Shoulder bells - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qySuQk4DI-Q

XL Torso parts - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4W5GQZ-opQ

XL Kidney Section - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOo-aTzPJhY

No videos on his channel yet for the XL forearm, bicep or shin, but they do make them.

I'm 6'4" and around 215lbs, and all of my RWA TK is XL except for the butt and back plates, and its been cleared to Centurion.

Hope this helps someone

• Like 1

I'm 6'-3" and 265lbs and just had some AM armor built by Dave's Darkside Depot.  
It arrived this morning and looks great.   

I've tried on a few pieces and they fit very well.  

Recommended dealer.