Which armor is better for a bigger trooper? Read Here ...

ELP

your thighs need to go up about two inches.  that will free up your knees. if they can't go up two inches....shim.

I'm 6'1" pushing 270 and I'm in AM. got approved everything looks good but my thighs sit a little low like the trooper above. I have a few inches of black showing between my thighs and belt, how would I shim my thighs to make look like they're higher?

You'd have to add strips to the back closure so you can slide them higher.

Yeah what Mark said.

I had the same problem and I put a shim that was only 1/2" bigger and it solved my problem.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

At your height and weight, you should also be looking at RT-MOD and TM with the longer limbs as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Darth Aloha is 6'5" and wears an RT-MOD kit pretty well if you'd like to see how it looks on a taller Trooper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am 5'11 and 290 currently hoping to get down to 270 in the next couple of months currently looking at maybe AM  the question i guess is am i too fat to be a storm trooper its ok if the answer is yes i can work on something else perhaps. 

Nope, you will make a fine stormtrooper.

You should 100% go with the AM kits, you can make this fit you pretty easily, with likely almost no extra trimming needed as it's really made large to start with.

• 4 weeks later...

My measurements...

I am 192cm (6'3.5" ?).

287 pounds (basically all in the gut) :( @ 138cm (54.3") waist,

131cm (51.5") Chest.

61.5cm (24.2" ?) head (measured around forehead).

*Standing Outer leg/thigh - Hip to Knee = 51cm (20").

*Standing Inner leg/thigh - Crotch to Knee = 30cm (12").

*Thigh circumference @ largest point = 62cm (24.4").

*Knee to Ankle = 45cm (17.7").

*Calf circumference = 49.5cm (19.5").

* Upper arm Shoulder to Elbow = 33cm (13").

*Elbow to Wrist = 31cm (12").

* All measurements done on left side of body.

Which suit should I look at, RT MOD or AM?

Help please?

Edited by DarkFather

• 3 months later...

Any recommendations for a larger new trooper?

I'm 6'3", 220# (hoping to get that down, but that's where I am today). Reading over this thread, I don't see anyone who is exactly my size and shape.

I currently wear size 36 or 38 jeans (dep on the cut) (which means approx 42" around the waist, IIRC...a bit more in the gut), and much of my height is in my legs so I have a 35" inseam in pant sizing (so 34" is a bit short, and 36" needs to be special ordered then hemmed *sigh*).  Size 7 1/8 hat, which is small to medium. (shaved bald)

Would I be best served by the AM armor, or RT-Mod?

Also, is there ANY chance that a standard sized armor would work for me, such as the Anovos kit (they told me it should work but I'm not sure now)?  Some shimming is probably fine, but I'd hate to have to shim every dang piece, and I'd like it to look good, of course!

And finally, I see very little reference to pricing info.  Is there a reason why prices don't seem to be published anywhere?  It's hard to fully compare options without it.

Edited by kman

• 1 month later...

Greetings all,

For those that now have the ANOVOS ANH TK armor, do you think it would fit someone 6'4" and 210 lbs?  I have also sent a note to AM asking them.  Pants inseam 34" long arms with a sleeve length of 36".  Chest is 44" and waist is 34".

Am interested in your opinions now that the armor is out and delivered.

Thanks in advance,

George

• 2 months later...

So here's my problem. I ordered a kit from a guy who had already built his and was 501 approved. The kit is really nice but a little too small for me. He had said I could still wear it with some minor adjustments. Apparently what he meant was about 4 inches in the biceps and 3 inches in the thighs. The issue is, with the shim in the front it'll be about 2 to 3 inches wide. Is this going to look to weird? It just seems kind of wide for the front thigh seam. And the biceps...yikes, like 5 inches I think. Am I screwed or do you guys think this is doable? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

For those that now have the ANOVOS ANH TK armor, do you think it would fit someone 6'4" and 210 lbs?  I have also sent a note to AM asking them.  Pants inseam 34" long arms with a sleeve length of 36".  Chest is 44" and waist is 34".

Am interested in your opinions now that the armor is out and delivered.

Thanks in advance,

George

I'm 6'3" 215 lbs and it fits me well. My legs are a hair longer, torso a tad shorter. You'll most likely need to add some shims at the waist to stretch around your gut, if you're built like I am, but that's quite simple. You given your slightly longer torso you might consider cutting the cod and adding a shim strip to extend the torso (also a simple operation, especially since it's hidden behind the belt), otherwise I think you'd be fine.

So here's my problem. I ordered a kit from a guy who had already built his and was 501 approved. The kit is really nice but a little too small for me. He had said I could still wear it with some minor adjustments. Apparently what he meant was about 4 inches in the biceps and 3 inches in the thighs. The issue is, with the shim in the front it'll be about 2 to 3 inches wide. Is this going to look to weird? It just seems kind of wide for the front thigh seam. And the biceps...yikes, like 5 inches I think. Am I screwed or do you guys think this is doable? Thanks!

Shims generally go in the back, on each side of the seam connecting the two parts, not in the front. With some elbow grease they can be made fairly invisible.

4" in the biceps, plus the thighs... are you a body builder?

• 1 month later...

I'm not a body builder but im a pretty big guy. I carry all my width in my shoudlers, arms and chest. I'm At the gym 5 to 6 days a week. So ya, I was shocked at how small they were. Recently I gave up on the sandtrooper kit and am resizing it for my daughter. I had already ordered some rt parts from rob so I think I'm just going to try and get the rest of the plus sized parts from him.

• 3 months later...

okay so I kind of just skimmed so please bare with me here. I'm a larger guy, 5'8, 300lb (.....yeah it's sad) 57in waist (or maybe I'm just a waste :P). I'm hearing the AM Kit will work with larger people which is a plus, I went onto the website AM Armor website but I'm not seeing anything that discusses pricing or contact information or anything. I'm also seeing on the main page that it's no longer available in the US. So I take it I've either missed something or I am completely lucked out?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

You really shouldn't need to add padding in the under suit, Scott.  I have seen Troopers with your build whose armor looks just fine, as the armor itself will "fill you out" quite a bit  I would check with Walt to see if he can give you more information about the height issue, but he is a solid seller and makes a great product.  You should also check into RT (trooper7@shaw.ca) or AM (troopergear@gmail.com).

Since you are going the TD route, have you signed up over at the MEPD?  http://forum.mepd.net/

Alternatively, you could go Heavy Weapons Trooper, which would allow you to utilize your armor for both that and regular TK.  (Not that I am biased or anything, LOL).  You still get to be "dirty", wear a pauldron/leather ammo packs, carry a large weapon and pack on your back.  (Plus, our packs are MUCH easier to build).

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_hwt

I'm 6ft and 240 pounds, with a 42 inch waist (shrinking) and the AM 2 is going to fit fine, from the pieces I have put together, including what is a concern for a few, the abs & kidney pieces, there has been no need to create shims.<br><br>

The thighs are actually going to need about an inch from there length and I've already trimmed surplus from the joins, with more to go, so I don't think they should be a concern, even with cyclist thighs like mine<br><br>

I would definetly reccomend the AM 2 kit for a larger build trooper :)

• Like 1