Which armor is better for a bigger trooper? Read Here ...

ELP

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ok so I am, 6'5" and 170 normally 5-7 pounds on the lite side of that does anyone have a suggestion for an armor kit. I am all legs and arms i would like to get the ATA as my buddy says it is quite a fantastic kit to work with but dont know if it will fit my streched frame.

Edited by Kuffdaddy

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Im 6ft, 220 lb, 40" waist, 59 cm head

As I read on post, RT or AM makers is the way for big trooper. Based on my sizing it may RT, but seems RT helmet is bigger than other. I have tried Rubies helmet and its fit, and maybe that size is standard like other makers. What store should I choose for helmet? Please advice

Something to keep in mind is that RT-Mod overall (armor and helmet) is sculpted at a 4% increase in size. The increase in helmet size is proportional to the increase in armor size so that the trooper doesn't wind up looking like they have a shrunken head.

Also, not all armor makers use the same ABS, so ordering armor from one, and a helmet from another might cause a color difference between the two.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

^ok then Dark, so better helmet with same maker :)

Anyone here with big size (waist inch 44+, thigh 30+) using ATA or AP? Having problem with your side look which have wider gap between kidney and ab? Can you post your picture here, just to make sure who has plus size can fit propperly.

Since my body have plus size in waist, hips and legs, but other like bicep/forearm is standard

I think the largest person ever to sport a TE type TK was CMANavy who was IIRC 6'4" and 240lbs. You can do it, but honestly your are far better off with RT, who is arguably the best armor fit for someone who is larger than stock. TM is good too, but RT is bigger yet.

I'm 6'0" and 180lbs, and think I'm about the edge for TE type armor (TE,TE2,ATA,TMC,CAP-all versions, etc.). I'm guessing RS is about the same.

Unfortunately RT is still in the higher end of the armor. I'm 6'3, 230 , and walk for a living and have the calves to proove it (I know for a fact the smaller shin armor doesn't fit around my calves) Just budget wise I am having to go with something smaller. I know I'll make it work I just hope in the end I'm OK with the amount of black that will be showing around my knees. I forsee a lot of shims and bondo in my future.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 5'9" and 160-170lbs.

I have a bead on an FX suit for a good price but it sounds like it may be a bit big for me. It comes with an eFX helmet which also sounds like its on the large side.

I am also considering an RS suit but the cost is up there.  From the feedback Ive read sounds worth it but am still unsure.

Can anyone give me some tips?

Hey guys I'm brand new here on the forums and I'm hoping you guys and gals can connect me with someone who can fit me in some armor. I'm 6'1" and 300 with a 42-44 waist. Please help me out, I'm dying to finally get armor of my own! Definitely would like to get quality stuff for a lower budget. By the way I have two left hands so budding it myself is kind of out of the question. Thank you in advance.

I'm on the fence on which armor to buy. I'm 6'1" 300 lbs. I don't have that big of a gut but I do have wide hips thighs and shoulders. So I'm not too sure whether to go with AM or RT-Mod. Can some please help before I can commit to a purchase?

• 3 weeks later...

God help me, I'm 6', 210 on a bad eating week and about 201ish after a good few weeks. Here's the kicker, I wear a 40" for "comfort" as a 38 can feel squished. When I'm on a weight loss kick a 38 feels a tad loose. Some of you guys are 50 lbs heavier and taller and SMALLER waist! I'd have to drop to damn near 180 to get a 36" waist (which I guess makes sense).

I'll let you fellas know how this ATA kit fits. I finally got it in but haven't trimmed it. I don't even really know without more research and help from my squad of how it's SUPPOSED to fit. All I know is I really had to sandwich the piecesf to join the ab and kidney (?) but I have no idea if that's how it's supposed to look yet. Woo hoo. Until then, pizza week is cut out, walking regiment in place, and my goal is drop a damn waist size. I guess worst case I could re-sell this kit untouched and go for something bigger, but RT Mod is just out of my budget range right now. =|

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been reading and searching for the best armor to fit me, that will still qualify for EIB. Right now I am thinking AM Armor kit.

I am 5'11"  215lbs.

46" chest

44" waist

15"calves

25" thighs

23" head

I was originally thinking ATA or AP, but after some research I am thinking about getting the AM Armor kit. What do you guys think? 

• 1 month later...

Hello Friends,

I am new to building costumes. From what I gathered, AM is good for larger troopers and is acceptable for 501st approval. My main concern, as I feel many peoples is, is spending money on something that wont be approved. I have found armor for $680, and that includes shipping. Is this a good deal, or should I keep looking?

Thanks,

Robert

• 1 month later...

Hello Friends,

I am new to building costumes. From what I gathered, AM is good for larger troopers and is acceptable for 501st approval. My main concern, as I feel many peoples is, is spending money on something that wont be approved. I have found armor for $680, and that includes shipping. Is this a good deal, or should I keep looking?

Thanks,

Robert

am2.0 is redesigned quite a bit so it is more accurate while still fitting to larger troopers on a budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-21859-141485683595_thumb.jpg

hi all troopers from Canada, I was reading your comments and decided to put my picture up to see I am also disproportionate figure. My armour is FX and out of the box is made made for someone like 160lbs and 5'10".

I am 210lbs and 5'7" so I had to do a lot extensions on my arms and legs at list for a 2" . Also I had to trim that much as well from length.

So my suggestion to you all dont give up there is a solution to everything

cheers

PS .dont mind my shoes that was my first appearance and I didnt have TK boots. :)

Edited by Vidakovic Igor

• 2 weeks later...

I am very close to being 6'8''.  I have a normal build with a 38 inch waist. I have contacted both AM and RT-Mod via email and have been told (in a nice way) that both their armor would look funny/have a lot of black showing.  I'm wondering if there are any other options out there or should I just go with either as my best best.  I have read a couple of posts in this thread where people at or above my own height (Mr Giant at 7 foot) are doing similar builds but neither seems active here on the boards anymore.  I've already built a Chewie and more than half way through a vader so I'm running out of tall guy costumes, and always wanted a TK.  Any advice?

Edited by Johnny

I am very close to being 6'8''.  I have a normal build with a 38 inch waist. I have contacted both AM and RT-Mod via email and have been told (in a nice way) that both their armor would look funny/have a lot of black showing.  I'm wondering if there are any other options out there or should I just go with either as my best best.  I have read a couple of posts in this thread where people at or above my own height (Mr Giant at 7 foot) are doing similar builds but neither seems active here on the boards anymore.  I've already built a Chewie and more than half way through a vader so I'm running out of tall guy costumes, and always wanted a TK.  Any advice?

The suit with the tallest option is the troopermaster. However, with your waist you won't fit into a troopermaster without modification. The troopermaster can be ordered with an XL shin (ordered separately as well), which is 2 inches longer than normal. So maybe get an AM suit for the larger body size, and the TM XL shins for the taller body. It might be the best mix and match of parts to get you sorted.