A sneak peek ...

Thanks!

New latex hero molds forthcoming???? SWEET!!

Exactly THAT, and latex standards guards...

The hero will be the samespecs as the non-latex, but I had to upscale them as the latex shrinks a little. Took me some math skills to do it - the upscaling percentage is NOT the same as the shrinking percentage.

As for the standrad ones, This is now my 3rd version of it - within 1 year. Did some minor corrections. NOW I'm really happy with them.

Karin

My only comment on improving your old hand plates is to make the section pointing towards your thumb slope on an angle rather than stepping down. It's only a minor flaw in your current set which can easily be rectified :)

Paul, I think I can't follow you with my limited english... Could you please explain? Thanks for the contructive critisim!

Karin

My only comment on improving your old hand plates is to make the section pointing towards your thumb slope on an angle rather than stepping down. It's only a minor flaw in your current set which can easily be rectified :)

I believe he's mentioning an curve, or angled plate that follows the curve of a hand.

the back of the hand being flat, and the thumb area being angled downwards.

This part?

p1010341.jpg

I think now I get it... I always thought that it will be "angled" once it follows the curve of the hand..

I just used the brush on way of adding the latex, and I mix white paint into the latex for the first 6 brush on layers.

reduces shrinkage, and allows it to be white.

when you brush on latex mould building rubber it cures when thin very quickly. in a warm environment I can usually get

5-6 brush on layers in a single day.

curvedlatexhandplates 001.jpg

curvedlatexhandplates 003.jpg

curvedlatexhandplates 004.jpg

if you pour the latex into the mould, and then it shrinks.

if you brush on thinner layers with paint added it slows the shrinkage, and cures faster.

for my own personal handplates I used the AP handplate itself as a mould.

this produces a curved surface all across the handplate.

at the wrist, it's curved, and at the thumb it's angled downwards.

in the photo above the handplate is not glued to the glove at all.

it's just sitting on top of my hand.

you can clearly see the curve all across the wrist, and the angle downwards from the center outwards

to the thumb.

I should make a pair and send them over for you to look at...

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

This part?

p1010341.jpg

I think now I get it... I always thought that it will be "angled" once it follows the curve of the hand..

Yes Karin, that's the part I mean. If it sloped down toward the thumb intead of stepping down, it would look better IMO. It's a bit hard to explain but if you ran your finger across the hand plate from the section you highlighted in red, there should be an apex where the section slopes rather than a step where the two sections meet.

Other than that, great job :duim:

Yes Karin, that's the part I mean. If it sloped down toward the thumb intead of stepping down, it would look better IMO. It's a bit hard to explain but if you ran your finger across the hand plate from the section you highlighted in red, there should be an apex where the section slopes rather than a step where the two sections meet.

Other than that, great job :duim:

on the subject of handplates can troopermaster comment on my posts please?

What do you say?

p1010338hv.jpg

Great, but for me you'd have to mark them "L" and "R" the other way round for me. That way I might get it right next time! :lol: :lol:

th_anh009.jpg?t=1284539039

Edited by Rick330

4991985871_deae1fbe86_o.jpg

Like this?

Thanks, Pablo. :)

Great, but for me you'd have to mark them "L" and "R" the other way round for me. That way I might get it right next time! :lol: :lol:

th_anh009.jpg?t=1284539039

Believe it or not, I really planned on doing that ;)

'So, anyone has an idea how to "easily rectify this minor flaw"? ATM, I don't have a clue. My "building" experience is a little limited....

Karin

Say if you are using three layers of ABS to make your hand plates, make one the base and have two layers for the main hand back. Then for the sloping secion, use one piece and maybe put some clay or a very thin strip of ABS against the main section to make the next piece slope. If I had photoshop I could do a diagram to explain better.

Say if you are using three layers of ABS to make your hand plates, make one the base and have two layers for the main hand back. Then for the sloping secion, use one piece and maybe put some clay or a very thin strip of ABS against the main section to make the next piece slope. If I had photoshop I could do a diagram to explain better.

Thanks Paul! After staring at the hand guards all afternoon, I almost came to the same solution...

For uber accuracy, the real hand plates had knuckles indented on the underside ;)

How do you know all this stuff!? :D

You don't have to answer that. :)

Edited by Locitus

That looks better :)

For uber accuracy, the real hand plates had knuckles indented on the underside ;)

Thanks, Paul!

Actually, this is one of the features I wanted to implement this time.

I think I found a way to do this in a open faced plaster mould!

How do you know all this stuff!? :D

You don't have to answer that. :)

I think he could tell you.... but then he must shoot you ;)

j/k... (of course) In fact, Paul's knowledge is the result of dedicated reasearch for several years, analyzing every piece of information over and over again. salute.gif

BTW: The indented "knuckels" can be seen on the "promo hero trooper"

fantastic work :D

Thanks, Pete. That is quite a compliment coming from you :)

Mine came today. Fantastic work! Thanks Karin :)

Glad you like them! Just wait for the updated version!'

Okay guys, the next step:

I'm making a PU resin mold. (I'll explain later why)

p1010378x.jpg

3 layers of parting wax, 1 layer of PVA. I know I doesn't look perfect, but it'll do the job

Stay tuned!

okay, the molds are ready

p1010379k.jpg

I made a little mistake. I ddin't seal the sculpted, sloped part godd enough, so it stuck to the resin. I guess I'll just desolve it in some water. :)

Now, the molds get primered, painted, puttied, sandeded, etc until they're perfect and ready for the next step....

Karin