newbie to 501st

I would like to start making my first tk armor. Where to start? What to start? Should I start with something small or go all in? It look like alot of work, but the output will look great. Please post links where I should start...

Thanks

Erik

On 9/14/2010 at 12:16 PM, erikv said:

I would like to start making my first tk armor. Where to start? What to start? Should I start with something small or go all in? It look like alot of work, but the output will look great. Please post links where I should start...

Thanks

Erik

Hi Erik,

Welcome, I recommend reading this link:

Getting Started

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Here's some info I wrote up to provide to new recruits, hope some of it is helpful...

Please look over the 501st and FISD requirements so you know what you are shooting for. The FISD requirements are much stricter, but much more accurate, and even if you decide not to do all of them, at least you can avoid doing something that would disqualify the costume in the future (like riveting the shoulder straps, don't do it).

Here are some helpful links and more info...

Check out our Empire City Garrison site at.

Empire City Garrison

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Hey Erik - great seeing you here. As I mentioned on the garrison boards, the best thing is to just relax and be a sponge for about a month as there's much to absorb. Also, we have tons of local events for you to attend and just meet people and perhaps help as a spotter. It will be a good chance to get to know your local garrison as well as seeing the various armors in person.

Ta - see you at a troop soon enough :)