Which helmet is this?

Hello,

Is there someone who could tell me which kind of helmet is this?

(I know it's a recast, but I would like to know which type of helmet it has been casted off).

-----------

Apologies for the light, I took these pics in the sunset without flash.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

What do you mean for "soft"? Undetailed? Or thin?

Soft, Loss of detail.

Looks to me to be a recast of TE ROTJ LID.

Did this come from Europe by chance?

Sincerly, I do not remember. I purchased this kit about six years ago for a very good price (today it would be a high price, but at that time only FX kits were easy to find at reasonable prices) and ebay does not show me the auction anymore since 90 days are passed. At that time there was only one known seller in Europe (Guidon Messika from Germany), so I'm pretty sure it comes from US.

I've never assembled it because I got an AP soon after that purchase.

Since now I need cash, I would like to assemble it and sell it on ebay, but I would like to know which kind of cast-off it is for the adv. Moreover, I don't like the ROTJ style too much.

Anyway the helmet is a "grade 1" color and it's made of 0.90 thick ABS. Any clues about its possibile origins?

Edited by lightside

6 years ago narrows down the playing field. Soft pull on the face but a tight pull on the capnback. How long ago was Meatsock making helmets? The temple traps look well defined and I've been told Meatsocks tended to have a soft pull on the face plate and the capnback was always very tight pulls.

I think Meatsocks may have been from AP buckets. I'm a little fuzzy on MS's because I just caught the tail end of them when I got into the hobby. Never seen one first hand.

Edited by Smitty

My first helmet was a meastock and the faceplate is really close. The cap and back looks different (more a VT style)

Meastock's ears are totally different.

Finally, I've never seen a gloss meatstock helmet (except the ears).

But the faceplate looks similar. Thus I guess that Smitty isn't so far from the true.

That is an AP recast - the detailing in the filled eye socket gives it away. What you paid for it then is what it is worth now. It's a recast and only scammers sell them for more than they are worth.

The Meatsock was a recast TE made in styrene, he never made ABS helmets.

I was thinking to sell it for 100€ assembled. Do you think is too much?