Can Anyone Confirm SDS

Gravity

Hey David,

Stay away from ebay when it comes to armor. Most are recast or lying about what type it is....And you will be hitting yourself in the head :6:

If you are looking you great kits, look here: Getting Started - Read this First!

If you want to see what SDS armor looks like, then look here: http://sdsprops.com/

But my opinion, Ainsworth wants TOOOOO! much for his suit, especially since it is not accurate. <_<

But my opinion, Ainsworth wants TOOOOO! much for his suit, especially since it is not accurate. <_<

Infact Ainsworth made a big mistake, imho, by telling his armors are casted off original moulds when it is obvious they're not. If he would say "casted from the hand which made the originals" I think he would have a better credit and a better advertise.

In any case, even if it is obvious the seller uses the SDS name to advertise as best as he can his FX kit, he doesn't say it is an SDS, but it has a SDS Look (it is not fully wrong, if it is said to dinstinguish this armor to a halloween costume). Or did I misunderstand? It could be, since I'm not english motherlanguage.

Edited by lightside

I do not think the ebay seller is a 501st Member, the real TK-1580 is from the Carolina Garrison, and the seller is from Ohio....

And yet having sent him a message politley pointing out his mistake/ deliberatley misleading advert if he "is" the 501st member I have yet to hear back from him. <_<

i almost got this set! until i came here and read this thread! thanks all! i call and talk to him. he said he was told it was sds, but he said some people said it was and some said it wasnt!

so he didnt even know himself. definitly not worth 1500$ thats what it went for

He knew.

I sent a message and asked a question in his post on the 501st with no response. I pity the person who bought this, a friggin FX kit for $1500.

I sent him all the info you could ever possibly need to differentiate between FX and SDS along with links to the FISD and a list of people to speak to.

He knew.

Given that we're now in the run-up period leading to Halloween and the costume demand spike that goes with it, this kind of thing can almost be expected. <_<