Helmet cam testing has begun

Wicked cool!

Ā 

Between this and the trooper com (two way radio system that plugs into a romfx system) that Matt was talking about in post #4 at this link:---------

Ā 

Trooping has got some cool electronics to play with....

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If anyone gets one, don't let the seller know that you are using it for trooping. They will get the idea to state "GREAT FOR TROOPING", stick it into the Ebay SW TK armor/prop area and go up on the price... :lol:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Can you share the cam photos or give us a clue as to what cam it is? Hard to search for it if we don't know what to search for.

Ā 

Thanks.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Want.

Ā 

Then again, my ideal helmet will have RomFx, speakers behind the aerators, PTT, ability to switch between vox or FRS, or even cellphone. Being able to take stills via this camera would be cool.

Ā 

Yeah, the helmet will be worth $1000 when done, but...

Hi guys, just remember when filming in public that you need consent or a release form to broadcast the footage. Hidden cameras are a bit on a "no - no" in some parts of the world.

However playing a game of "Skirmish" or "Laser Tag" with your fellow troopers would make some funny footage.

The cheapest mini camera on the market - Key Chain Camcorder

Here's some footage of a Contour mounted on a blaster VIDEO

• 4 months later...

Since this thread has been resurrected I'll put in my experience.

Ā 

The spy camera in your video looks good. I'm not a fan of a permanently stamped date/time. I've talked with several troopers about their setups and they all use different camcorders. Use whatever works best for you. I personally use the VIO POV 1.

Ā 

Always ask the event host permission before you film. If you post the video on the internet keep in mind how publicly accessible it is. I use my helmet camera as often (and allowed) as possible. Only a select few videos of mine are publicly viewable - on stage with Weird Al and a Christmas parade march. The whole reason I record a troop is for family, friends, and event documentation.

Ā 

Good luck with it. Have fun!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone using a helmet cam been able to find a screen small/ thin enough to fit in a bucket and use as a monitor?

My idea was to put front and rear cameras in, to avoid standing on kids and keep an eye on those behind who like to be idiots and try to steal pistols out of holsters.

From what I've seen, my Phase 1 Clone bucket has more forward/ downward visibility than a TK lid, so a monitor seems almost like a necessity to me!

• 9 months later...

Since this thread has been resurrected I'll put in my experience.

Ā 

The spy camera in your video looks good. I'm not a fan of a permanently stamped date/time. I've talked with several troopers about their setups and they all use different camcorders. Use whatever works best for you. I personally use the VIO POV 1.

Ā 

Always ask the event host permission before you film. If you post the video on the internet keep in mind how publicly accessible it is. I use my helmet camera as often (and allowed) as possible. Only a select few videos of mine are publicly viewable - on stage with Weird Al and a Christmas parade march. The whole reason I record a troop is for family, friends, and event documentation.

Ā 

Good luck with it. Have fun!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

How do you have your VIO mounted?

Edited by James

• 2 months later...