TM's own personal 1 mm ANH weatherd Armour

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abolsute nice suit. :duim:

I also had the luck to get one of Pauls personal suits one year ago wich are same way assambled as yours.

It's realy cool to hold these in hand's , isn't it. :D

You know that stefen , i guess we are die hard screen accrate trooper fans :dancing-trooper:

Looking AWESOME Steve! :D

@Karin,

The shins are assembled like that because the inside part is actually the outside of the left leg which are slightly shorter. The screen used armour was thrown together and the shins were terrible on most suits (I like that) so I made mine the same.

@Steve,

Helmet on it's way very soon ;)

Looking AWESOME Steve! :D

@Karin,

The shins are assembled like that because the inside part is actually the outside of the left leg which are slightly shorter. The screen used armour was thrown together and the shins were terrible on most suits (I like that) so I made mine the same.

@Steve,

Helmet on it's way very soon ;)

That clears a lot of questions.

A just looked at a lot of screen caps, and the tip of the right shin is NEVER visiable. It is ALWAYS hidden by the knee ammo pack.

Is it possible they added this just to HIDE the misaligned parts? just an idea,,,

Sorry if this was a little hi.jacking...

That clears a lot of questions.

A just looked at a lot of screen caps, and the tip of the right shin is NEVER visiable. It is ALWAYS hidden by the knee ammo pack.

Is it possible they added this just to HIDE the misaligned parts? just an idea,,,

Sorry if this was a little hi.jacking...

Hi Karin dont worry about a little hi jacking , all this intrest me to , you could have a good point there about hiding the top of the right shin , as Paul said he likes these little touches , and me to ,oh the love of 1977 armour may it long continue ;)

The test shots of the Stormtrooper shows what is now the main belt attached to the lower thigh, so I don't the knee strap was put there to hide anything, especially as the armour was sculpted perfectly and it was just the assembly that was bad.

It's things like these misaligned parts, doubled shoulder bells and hand plates that really make a replica look more screen accurate. I don't think there are many perfectly assembled troopers in ANH.

The test shots of the Stormtrooper shows what is now the main belt attached to the lower thigh, so I don't the knee strap was put there to hide anything, especially as the armour was sculpted perfectly and it was just the assembly that was bad.

It's things like these misaligned parts, doubled shoulder bells and hand plates that really make a replica look more screen accurate. I don't think there are many perfectly assembled troopers in ANH.

Oh well when iam trooping with the UKG dont call me Mr no stripes but call me Mr right shin :D

:blink: That's outstanding! I love these screen used look suits. To me there's nothing better than a replica that looks like it has been kicking around for 30 odd years.....

A.....M....A.....Z.....I.....N.....G......!

Cheers Mark , i cant say it enough Pauls talent to produce such a screen acurate armour is unbelivable just wearing it makes you feel part of the 1977 costumers plus when its on the manaquin you do feel intimated with him looking at you , luv it :D

In relation to Troopermaster's post - Brian Muir concurs in his book that while he was pleased with the level of detail and sharpness in his original sculpts, Brian felt there was much to be desired in the final suits in terms of their sharpness, execution, and assembly............ An artistic work does not always translate well into a practical/wearable film costume...... but this replica captures what we saw on screen flawlessly - Kudos!!