Stunt Helmet

JimCem99

I'm no expert, but I'll state a few things I think are pretty obvious...

Not a TE.

Details look pretty soft, eyes don't look trimmed right, the ears seem weird and the mic tips are not accurate.

It's been said before, and I'll say it again... avoid evilBay. There are more accurate solutions, at a better price from reputable vendors right here. :)

The price is not bad for a ready to wear helmet, since it is also hand-painted. But there are some visibile assembling mistakes, such as eye-trimming, as already said.

Yeah, but it's pretty easy to take out the lenses and trim the eyes out some more and glue the lenses back in... no big deal.

Recast is very common now when it comes to TE and TE2 armor. That is not to say that it is right by any means. Ebay is well know for this and other unscrupulous acts in the prop world. By saying that it's not bad for the price or it doesn't look half bad, somewhat gives the impression that it's OK. The things that I would have to say to anyone who is thinking about bidding on this is that the helmet does have soft details to it, not to mention several flaws that I see (look at pix below) indicates whoever made this lid didn't known what they were doing to begin with. The major thing is that it is a recast.

I don't know if you have ever worked on something extremely hard or paid for something, only to have someone take credit or steal it from you. The same thing when it comes to reasting. How would you feel, if you were the one that owns and or made the original molds.

Ebayrecast1.jpg

ebayrecast2.jpg

I will leave you with this Latin proverb: "Caveat Emptor" or in English "Buyer Beware"!

even so called legit makers can have bad pulls

Hey Rob, your are right... Anyone can have a bad pull.....

But, the Makers that have a good reputation and want to keep it that way, will state "B stock" or "seconds with flaws" and sell them at a discount.

Recasters already started off with flaws in their product...

And the first flaw in their work is.. wait for it... they Recast <_<

Edited by RogueTrooper

The inside of the helmet is also glossy which leads me to believe its actually ABS instead of HIPS as the seller claims. If its ABS then that could explain the softness of the pull. And its definitely from the TE blood line. Its currently going for over $150 I wouldn't give any more than that, thats for sure.

The seller relisted it because the winning bidder did not buy it. So its at $110 starting bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270630696932&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Edited by JimCem99