Official FISD Photos from CV

TK4999

taller tap then invert.

I really like pauls motivation! his thinking about involving elements to foster acceptance

and unity are very favorable compared to elitism or exclusionism.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

taller tap then invert.

I really like pauls motivation! his thinking about involving elements to foster acceptance

and unity are very favorable compared to elitism or exclusionism.

It's not about elitism and exclusionism, it's about leading by example. If we as FISD show high-quality Troopers up front, others might be encouraged to improve. That's all I was trying to say. Putting the FX guys up front is kinda shucksting all over the purpose of growing within the hobby and evolving as a group.

Just because some of us don't praise every mediocre suit out there and give constructive criticism doesn't make us complaining elitists, it makes us honest. Being PC is all nice, but it can be taken way too far.

Edited by R2Dan

It's not about elitism and exclusionism, it's about leading by example. If we as FISD show high-quality m:Troopers up front, others might be encouraged to improve. That's all I was trying to say. Putting the FX guys up front is kinda shucksting all over the purpose of growing within the hobby and evolving as a group.

Just because some of us don't praise every mediocre suit out there and give constructive criticism doesn't make us complaining elitists, it makes us honest. Being PC is all nice, but it can be taken way too far.

:duim:

I think Paul and co. did a great job of corralling us unruly troopers into a somewhat orderly fashion :) . Sadly, I'm pretty much lost in the picture (back row, all the way to the right).

For those who weren't there, it was all done very very fast and with little to no planning. From what I gathered the locations of everything was constantly changing and we had limited time and space to choose from.

I think the picture is impressive and I'd love access to a high res version.

It's not about elitism and exclusionism, it's about leading by example. If we as FISD show high-quality Troopers up front, others might be encouraged to improve. That's all I was trying to say.

We did exactly that for the OT White Armor Panel. The photos we used representing high-quality builds were of troopers wearing TM or TE(2), and the live models we used were all EIB-quality troopers regardless of the kit they wore.

Furthermore, the FISD group photo may not be seen much outside of FISD & 501st circles. The OT White Armor panel at C5 was attended by - judging by the size of the audience - a couple of hundred fans, including a few who subsequently joined here based on what they saw and heard. ;)

Brian has it right - if you look at the CRL's we're submitting too they are also exclusively EI pictures and all but one are TE derived or TM armor.

Again - for the FX lids it just worked out that way for height, which aside from having EU in front was the prime factor.

And again, had things been a little more smooth we should have done an EI only shot as well, but at that point I was just happy to have a location and a photographer, and didn't think of it nor was it suggested.

Since we have an event at the same location where the pic I posted was taken coming up this saturday (Legoland Germany), I think I can pretty much give a detailed description after the weekend how organizing a photo setup like this worked for our garrison.

If the photo turns out to be as good as that 2009 one I showed for comparison purposes, that is. ;) Maybe it'll be far more unorganized than the FISD pics...no guarantees provided.

And hey, let's all allow criticism where it is due, right? None of the critique here went too far, did it? As long as it is constructive.

Face it, people don't like seeing that much FX in 2010 and they're not afraid to say that out loud, and why should they? FX has seen it's prime a long time ago (in a galaxy far...nah, JK).

• 2 weeks later...

Fog of war :) A command decision was made, and you guys look great!

Collecting intelligence information is like trying to drink water out of a fire hydrant. You know, in hindsight It's great. The problem is there's a million dots at the time.

Louis Freeh

Edited by Femtrooper Julie

• 4 weeks later...

Resurectin the thread........

Wow i still cant believe that i was there!!!!!......... got to meet so many of U!!!!!!!