Fake electronics GUTS FOR YOUR BUCKET

Well... lets see if any of you are interested in this.

vhj2.thumb.webp.a1e64d4c0639f81f0fccd7316b923e04.webp

----------

I built them just like the dictionary, check. I have this in kit form, either painted and finished for $100 or rough at $60. The metal cable is to be purchased by you. The bucket shown is my personal TD bucket. Used smooth on for the molds, and I did it in the bucket. Colors are mixed to match, so there is no set standard, just try and get it like the dict. pic. Don't worry the A/C is still in the works. Ordering has a small lag time for prep on painted orders, others will be cast roughed and shipped ASAP.

Will fit F/X to EP II Clones are the same guts(Any pics on the 1/2 scale EP II Insides?)

So for all you that always wanted your bucket to look that way here it is.

I do this for the greater empire.

Mathew

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Now that looks great.

But is it still wearable?...I've got a new MR that i'm going to fit out with the required bit's..can you still get the fans and rom fx in??

Nice padding!!

May be intouch after my holiday's

Edited by D-MAC

Now that looks great.

But is it still wearable?...I've got a new MR that i'm going to fit out with the required bit's..can you still get the fans and rom fx in??

Nice padding!!

May be intouch after my holiday's

Yea I got that padding from someone on here....hmmm. Just kidding. Works and looks good though. The helmet is smaller than a tk and still fits me and I wear a 7.5 beret. Fans would need to be mounted above the lenses. Rom FX would still work if the mic was the only thing in the bucket. Thx for the questions. Mathew

Troopers, these are now ready if you are still interested, just let me know how you want it, if you wanted it painted ($100) or rough (no paint-no prep $60), fiberglass add $25 ( adds weight too though ), metal cable add $15. Thx Mathew

PP is mathewsrp@hotmail.com

wouldn't it be even cooler if the fans and mic were integrated along with parts that actually work?

just a thought.

----------

here's my guess at component locations?

red: fan intake assembly and skirting draws air in to be blown from blue area.

blue: air intake on the frown with, and exhaust at the blue on the sides. exhaust goes out the hovies along with radio broadcast.

green: broadcast speakers and air exhaust.

yellow: mic input (other sides would also dispense liquids in a stream into the mouth.

ear pads of course would be speaker enclosures.

can anyone offer more suggestions?

I think this is awesome to have a centralized design.

could you link to some images in the dictionary? I'd love to see them here...

sweet...

this looks like a great concept. fun to discuss...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 8/31/2010 at 7:17 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

wouldn't it be even cooler if the fans and mic were integrated along with parts that actually work?

just a thought.

=======

here's my guess at component locations?

red: fan intake assembly and skirting draws air in to be blown from blue area.

blue: air intake on the frown with, and exhaust at the blue on the sides. exhaust goes out the hovies along with radio broadcast.

green: broadcast speakers and air exhaust.

yellow: mic input (other sides would also dispense liquids in a stream into the mouth.

ear pads of course would be speaker enclosures.

can anyone offer more suggestions?

I think this is awesome to have a centralized design.

could you link to some images in the dictionary? I'd love to see them here...

sweet...

this looks like a great concept. fun to discuss...

You know with the stage I'm at I could potentially try, why not. I'll let you know what comes of it. Mathew

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 4 weeks later...

And where did you get your padding? I've been googling all night and about decided to figure out a way to make them myself... lol

if i'm not mistaken the padding is from a builders knee pad ( the style that fits inside your trousers

• 3 months later...

Hi

I certainly don't want to be negative as there is a lot of work here and I like this idea, but looking at the castings $60 is way oo steep for me.

That is quite expensive and if the castings were clean and better I would go for it.

They really need a good RTV mould and cast in quality polyurethane resin to do all the detail justice.

Did you say they were moulded in the helmet, there is some distortion on the pieces shape wise but that might be what I am seeing on the picture.

A good effort though and a shame as I would like something like this.

Best wishes

Edited by tk7713gra30

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Have a question.

Obviously the helmets in the movie were not like that of the futuristic design concept however, it may actually be feasible to integrate similar electronic with today's technology making them practical with a couple exceptions, one being the concept design helmets actually utilized heat exhaust ports cut into the helmets where ours have decals or paint. So here's my question, whats the 501st or FISD costuming policy on actually cutting the helmet in those areas so that modern cooling fans can be used to exhaust like in the concept drawings?

It is possible you know, if these are indeed are actual concept prints. I love to do this stuff, but I don't want to be THAT GUY, if you know what I mean.

----------    

Edited by gmrhodes13