FX armour with DS helmet

Hello everyone. This is my first post here and may I say, what a great place this is. I have a quick question and I'm sorry if it has been asked before. Can someone tell me is FX armour will be a good colour match with a SDS battlespec helmet. Or better still, can anyone point me towards any pictures. Thank you for any help.

Welcome Rob.

To be honest, it depends if you have genuine FX armour, or a recast copy from eBay.

If it's genuine, it tended to have a slight tint of another colour in there... sometimes red, blue or grey..

The recast copies are generally more white.

SDS lids are glossy white, but as in the films, the lids didn't match the armour anyway... as long as it's not a huge colour difference..

HTH.

Welcome!!!

I trooped FX with an SDS lid for a while and it was fine but as Mark says it does somewhat depend on the source of the armour.

Welcome!!!

I trooped FX with an SDS lid for a while and it was fine but as Mark says it does somewhat depend on the source of the armour.

Thanks Gary. Thats good to know. It's just Ive been offered a couple of good deals but thought it a good idea to check first before I purchased anything.

Hi Rob,

I'm in the same boat as you - got an SDS lid (which I've just finished modding) and was thinking of getting an FX/AM kit to go with it.

I was advised by one of the armourers on the UKG boards that the AM tends to have a slightly yellowy tinge, whereas, as mentioned, SDS is glossy white. He pointed out, as Mark said above, that the film lids weren't perfect matches for the armour anyway, but his opinion (which I agreed with, when I thought about it) is that, as a perfectionist, them not matching would drive him crazy :P