DK Publishing

The local Florida Garrison Makaze squad did this same event here this weekend. LOTS of kids awaiting the troopers.

Oh, and a kid asked if I was a clonetrooper. I wanted to cry. :(

IMG_7241.jpg

And I was sick so I thought this was funny for some reason.

IMG_7290.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Empire City Garrison attended the DK Publishing release of of Star Wars : Year By Year and the Clone Wars : Encyclopedia at Barnes and Nobel at Smith Haven Mall on Saturday August 21st. Chris Feehan (TK-6744), Eric Seeman (TD-4619), Brian Bleaman (TC-5281), and David Braun (TD-6513) from the ECG were there, as well as fellow ECG / Rebel Legion member Katharine Star (ID-5228) as Princess Leia. There was a huge crowd gathered a half an hour before the 2pm start of the event, and we were swamped for 90 minutes of the two hour event signing autographs and taking photos for both kids and adults. They had arts and crafts, giveaways, and activities for the kids and the reception was fantastic. The Star Wars music cranking during the whole event really added to the whole experience. The event went very well and everyone had a great time. We did manage to get a few quick photos thanks to Katherine, and we had some friends drop by who took some additional ones.

Photos (more to come)

dk01.jpg

dk02.jpg

dk03.jpg

dk04.jpg

dk05.jpg

dk06.jpg